Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Good Citizen posted:

If you feel the need to comment on the level of fan service in this chapter at all then this comic probably isn't for you either way. After the latest chapter I think acceptable posts would include 'god drat' and 'holy poo poo these last three chapters have been the best thing since the Apachai arc'

Not that I'm making rules or anything. Do whatever but don't be obnoxious about it

It's entirely possible to both like the comic and dislike the fan service. The last chapter however was pretty awesome with the fighty stuff though and fan service was held to a couple panels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Sindai posted:

I do kind of admire the artistic chops it takes to draw a fight between two girls clad only in speed lines without any technical nudity. Truly a master of his craft.

Well, speed lines and what looked like fire lactation.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Good Citizen posted:

Beside Apachai, the god fist took a crazy amount of damage when fighting Jenazad. That got explained away with the 'masters can move their organs around' thing. I don't think Tanaka has any way to move his brain to a different part of his body though.

Maybe he pulled a turtle and moved his whole head down into his body.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

RatHat posted:

It'd be kinda hard for Tanaka to do that since his hands were all hosed up.

Compound fractures were an integral aspect of his ultimate move. Why stab a dude between 1 and 5 times at once when you can go bone flechette on his familiaciding rear end?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
The greatest single panel in HSDK. Following shark punch of course.

I wish this manga was more about Apachi though. Apa sleep mode.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Autonomous Monster posted:

Gonna have to go with "stupid as gently caress".

There's something that's just not as cool about a guy deflecting bullets with a shield as, say, catching them or punching them out of the air or whatever. Badass skills > badass equipment, all day every day.

Which I guess is pretty uncharitable of me, considering what manga we're discussing.

No, I agree. It's one thing to posit that you can achieve superhuman skills through training and skill. It's another to decide that you've also got super metallurgy beyond the keen of science. Unless it turns out the armor and shield actually weigh 500 lbs and are actually much thicker than it appears, because inside the 12 foot tall knight is actually a 4 foot tall littler person who trained to be super strong..

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Chapter 541

I hope that Microft and Christopher Eclair show up more.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

"I-idiot! As if a rat could use a machine gun!" :allears:

I didn't believe something so amazing could be. I am sorry I doubted your quote.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Harry posted:

Did you somehow miss the part where she had a bunch of needles under her choker and used them to take out a scientist and two guards, as well as breaking some magic resin?

Only because they didn't search the choker, like idiots. Which is weird, because they made a big deal out of totally justifying why she had to be totally naked. Why even just a scrap of cloth could kill! Oh, poo poo, nobody noticed the necklace in the rush to fill the nudity quota.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Got to question the methodology of the mustache mook apparently in charge. This is, like, the exact opposite of the entire plan. Hurry, go out and rile up the only people strong enough to stop us and bring them to this location, which we've been very careful to keep them unaware of. Ha, ha, our plan to force this woman, who we only barely control, into doing our bidding will be a cinch once we add more people we can't stop into the mix!

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I'm always a sucker for the single panels of the masters with their eyes lit up about to commit some violence. Though Ma just casually propping the cut-out back up was pretty good too. Feel kinda bad for that sniper though, Apachi doesn't know how to hold back.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
The reaction panel was simply fantastic. Apa should have known better, but he's so disappointed.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I like to think that he yelled so loud that those are reaction shots of them hearing his voice.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Wish the entire manga was just about Apa and Agaard loving around while hitting poo poo.

Can someone get big boobies lady a new shirt or something so her tits stop taking up entire pages?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

SirDan3k posted:

You are going to have to narrow that down a bit.

The one with boobs big enough to be called big boobs lady in HSDK, duh. The one pulling a Tsunade.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

rbakervv posted:

Because even though they are "killing fist" types, they still believe that martial arts are just that, Art. They wanted to establish a more brutal, survival of the fittest society, basically make "killing fist" style martial arts more mainstream. However, the rest of bad guys just want war and world domination.

Plus now the bad guy leadership is doing pussy stuff like blackmail and hostage taking. If the answer to a problem isn't just hitting it so hard it explodes, well that's not an answer that the bad guys switching sides right now can accept.

Also, turning now means more fighting against quality opponents.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
So is that a guy I should be remembering? Because it feels like a big It was me Austin moment.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I just wish this thing focused way more on Cool Dudes Karate, Chinese Bros, and Muy Thai Awesome and way, way, less on tits.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Ethiser posted:

Houdini-chan no!!! You can't relax your ki!

At least in the Kenichi universe he died from a hammer to the gut instead of some rear end in a top hat punching him in the gut. I wonder if that dude felt like poo poo for taking down Houdini, or if he bragged about it until the day he died.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

KittenofDoom posted:

The end of this manga will be Kenichi going through hospital wards punching sick people back to health.

I HEAL YOU WITH VIOLENCE

It's what Apa has been doing this entire manga. Kenichi just wasn't hurt/sick enough to notice before.

• Locked thread