Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
Every time this drat series loses me (and it has been since the weapons division got introduced), something amazing happens. loving Microft.

Also, this part is far behind us, but it bugs me anyways: Every fighting style in Kenichi gets at least a few GASP panels explaining how the style or a technique works and what they're doing and etc, but Lucha Libre gets the shaft. Even though it's play fighting, it could've at least mentioned something about the crazy core manipulation or the legscissors position or etc. Instead, it just got described as "WOW THEY ACTUALLY MADE FAKEY BULLSHIT WORK!"

I mean, hey, aikido magical force trick flippadoos and drunken boxing aren't the most up-and-up things, but they're awesome anyways.

Can't complain much, though. When the lucha characters actually fight (instead of being rad or annoying/creepy), it's pretty fun. I just nitpick okay :v:

Anyways I just remembered that I got a cheap copy of the PS2 game a while back, sooo... trip report incoming, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
And if we DO see something cool or interesting, the lucha girl will just rip her clothes off to save us from it!

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Caros posted:

I honestly kind of preferred the manga when it was grounded in smaller problems. Its easy to forget that apart from connections that really only showed up at the end of the arc, Odin was largely just a gang of delinquent students that hated Kenichi because of 'reasons'.

I do wish they'd kept that trend going after Odin, having most of the fights be relatively low key and perhaps even without the risk of death involved.

this is pretty much why I went from loving the series to death, to just kind of passively following it to see if it would ever end.

That, and the fight scenes suddenly exploding into naked grotesques.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Sindai posted:

I am pretty disappointed we didn't get to see Kenichi's head on a hulking 8-foot master body.

I'm pretty disappointed that we didn't see Kenichi's head on a 3-foot-tall sex offender stereotype

• Locked thread