Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What type of plants are you interested in growing?
This poll is closed.
Perennials! 142 20.91%
Annuals! 30 4.42%
Woody plants! 62 9.13%
Succulent plants! 171 25.18%
Tropical plants! 60 8.84%
Non-vascular plants are the best! 31 4.57%
Screw you, I'd rather eat them! 183 26.95%
Total: 679 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I once rented a house that had a wisteria in the front yard, and absolutely nothing for it to climb on. I don't know who's genius idea that was, but it resulted in me frequently lopping off vines at the base of the trunk, lest they take over the entire lawn. I scavenged a bit of lattice for it to grow on at one point but never got around to doing much more than that. Still more than anybody else had done, though.

Personally, I tend to notice figs, raspberries, iceplant, and periwinkles because they're all considered highly invasive here. That same house had a fig tree in the back yard and while I won't deny the fruit was nice, finding fig volunteers in all of my other plantings was not. Even years later, things that I've given my mother-in-law are popping up with tiny fig trees. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Platystemon posted:

The champion Pacific madrone is growing right next to some lady’s house in Mendocino County, California.

drat, now I have an oak tree I want to nominate. There's a coastal live oak (quercus agrifolia) on my old college campus that's just massive and sprawling. Google Maps couldn't even get it in one shot.

Actually, the whole campus is really pretty imo. Retro 60s/70s buildings and lots of mature trees. There's even a creek that cuts through the campus and the banks are completely wild. Being able to sneak into the woods between classes was always a great way to relax.

Ok Comboomer posted:

if anime can have its own subforum, then plants should have their own subforum too

:yeah: