Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What type of plants are you interested in growing?
This poll is closed.
Perennials! 142 20.91%
Annuals! 30 4.42%
Woody plants! 62 9.13%
Succulent plants! 171 25.18%
Tropical plants! 60 8.84%
Non-vascular plants are the best! 31 4.57%
Screw you, I'd rather eat them! 183 26.95%
Total: 679 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yay plants!

I have a few around the apartment I'm pretty proud of.

First is my terrarium. It's the first one I've done, and this was a couple weeks after and it was thriving. Now its not doing quite as well, but nothing is dead yet! The spike moss on the left is slowly browning and getting smaller/seemingly evaporating. (The little plant with the fake ladybug on it). The yellow flower plant in the middle is pretty sick too these days, but the fittonia and tall green plant in the back are doing great.

This little money tree I've had for almost a year and it's pretty much zero maintenance. I water it about once a week and it's never given me any trouble, brown or yellow leaves, etc. And yes, that is the tag still on it because I like to read it every now and then.

My cat's personal favorite: the bamboo palm.

On the right is a Medusa fern. I'm really hoping I do well with it because its beautiful (if fairly standard for a fern). I worry about the pot I bought for it being too small. On the left is a "grow lavender from a kit." It's not working out too well. The seed packet only gave me 3 sprouts, and they're already dying. That's fine, I like the little bamboo pot, so I'll clean it out and plant something else in there.

And the newest addition to the family is a tillandsia. An air plant! He moves around depending on my mood, and sometimes the cat is caught batting him around. Quite a hardy plant.

LuckyCat fucked around with this message at 08:57 on May 6, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU