Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gizmojumpjet
Feb 21, 2006

Fill your bowl to the brim and it will spill. Keep sharpening your knife and it will blunt.
Grimey Drawer
When can we expect y'all to implement 3D graphics? I mean, the game's already 2D, you're 2/3rds of the way there!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gizmojumpjet
Feb 21, 2006

Fill your bowl to the brim and it will spill. Keep sharpening your knife and it will blunt.
Grimey Drawer

Phi230 posted:

Yeah so how do I deal with modern SAMs like the SA-21/22 they shoot all my TLAMs down and my planes too

My solution to the conundrum was to avail myself of the trident missiles on the submarine parked down in the Indian Ocean.

Speaking of which what are some other scenarios that have nukes in the mix? Nuclear weapons are cool.

gizmojumpjet
Feb 21, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Phi230 posted:

lol I EMP'd my own fleet its such a huge blast omg

You Maniac! You blew it up! Ah, drat you! God drat you to hell!

gizmojumpjet
Feb 21, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I really liked watching Hawkeye cry at the end of MASH when that lady strangled her baby because he was always such a smug dick.

gizmojumpjet
Feb 21, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I mean I'm not saying I'm glad a lady strangled a baby, but I am glad it made Hawkeye feel bad.

Serious CMANO talk, what about a visual weather layer and maybe like the ability to download live weather data like some flight sims do?

Oh also here is my favorite CMANO tutorial.

gizmojumpjet
Feb 21, 2006

Grimey Drawer

ZombieLenin posted:

Feature recommendation: dumb it down slightly. For example, there should be a game mode where I can just order planes to refuel from tankers, and the AI handles routing all the involved speeds, setting the proper altitude and airspeed.

You can already do this. Right click the unit > refuel > select tanker automatically.

gizmojumpjet
Feb 21, 2006

Grimey Drawer

ZombieLenin posted:

See! Why didn't I know that. Clearly the developers fault. :yikes:

Honestly though, refueling can be a bugaboo. This weekend I was piddling around with a Trumpian response to Iranian bellicosity in the Persian Gulf that I'm calling Operation Golden Lion (do not steal).

Planning a strike with some F-16s out of Yemen, had the F-16s form up near a support patrol of tankers. I assigned the Falcons to the strike mission and watched them transit three-quarters of the way to the target, before hooking a U-ey to go back to refuel. Instead of, you know, topping up before beginning their strike.

I mean sure, I could have manually told them to refuel first, or in the mission window I could have set them to not refuel until using, say, 50% of their fuel instead of the default 25% or whatever. Technically my fault but still aggravating.

War is hell is what I'm trying to say.

Oh, also I found a database entry for Weapon Z attached to Weapon X. Baloogan, remind me how to report bugs in your dumb game I can't stop playing.

gizmojumpjet
Feb 21, 2006

Grimey Drawer
What CMANO really lacks is some sort of pricing engine that calculates how many millions of dollars it cost you to blow up that loving bunker.

gently caress you, bunker.

gizmojumpjet
Feb 21, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Nah, it's probably just mining bitcoins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gizmojumpjet
Feb 21, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Baloogan posted:

Very exciting :words:

Those words are very exciting!