Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Sizone posted:

Yeah, hazy recollections, I seem to recall the King of Vampires being pissed at Constantine for slumming it with a gay prostitute because he (king of vampires) had designs on Constantine's blood and vampires in Hellblazer are, oddly, not immune to AIDS. My only real clear memory of that issue was the line "ohhhh, my ringpiece"

And you haven't even managed to remember that properly.

The King of the Vampires wasn't actually pissed at Constantine at all about the company he was keeping, and all he said about the AIDS was that he could taste it in the blood. He then tried drinking from Constantine and fell foul of the demon blood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Jedit posted:

And you haven't even managed to remember that properly.

The King of the Vampires wasn't actually pissed at Constantine at all about the company he was keeping, and all he said about the AIDS was that he could taste it in the blood. He then tried drinking from Constantine and fell foul of the demon blood.

John then pissed on him and then caused him to burn

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bobkatt013 posted:

KING O THE FRIGGIN' VAMPIRES!!!

Fun fact, that plot was later followed up on in Hitman.

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

There's this short arc I remember reading but I can't figure out the issues, writer or artist. I recall it being set before John Constantine's time and that it tells the story of a sorcerer that for some reason I got in my head was an ancient relative of his, does this ring a bell? I'd really like to read it again as I know I enjoyed it thoroughly.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Corte posted:

There's this short arc I remember reading but I can't figure out the issues, writer or artist. I recall it being set before John Constantine's time and that it tells the story of a sorcerer that for some reason I got in my head was an ancient relative of his, does this ring a bell? I'd really like to read it again as I know I enjoyed it thoroughly.

I that was Hellblazer annual 1

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

bobkatt013 posted:

Perhaps the single best panel in the whole book

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Bilirubin posted:

Perhaps the single best panel in the whole book

Its up there

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

bobkatt013 posted:

I that was Hellblazer annual 1

Much obliged, found it in the volume two of the TPBs, I know I haven't read the entire series but I love Delano and think he's pretty drat great for getting it going after Moore introduced the character.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

bobkatt013 posted:

John didn't cause him to burn, the sun came up.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Jedit posted:

John didn't cause him to burn, the sun came up.

He dragged him into it so he was responsible.

Original writer may have created him, but Delano defined him. He is the one who expanded on the little characterization that Original writer gave him. He also created his supporting cast, and made him three dimensional. I think that's the reason that I dislike the Azzarello run as he is completely separated from his supporting cast and is more like Original Writers as the guy who is just there aka a supporting character. It works in small doses like in the trapped in the snow story, but does not work when its his own title.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

And then Ennis redefined him, and we get rumpled John forever (until Diggle tried cleaning him up some)

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW

bobkatt013 posted:

He dragged him into it so he was responsible.

Original writer may have created him, but Delano defined him. He is the one who expanded on the little characterization that Original writer gave him. He also created his supporting cast, and made him three dimensional. I think that's the reason that I dislike the Azzarello run as he is completely separated from his supporting cast and is more like Original Writers as the guy who is just there aka a supporting character. It works in small doses like in the trapped in the snow story, but does not work when its his own title.

Why are you saying "original writer" instead of Alan Moore? Is there some joke I'm missing?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Martello posted:

Why are you saying "original writer" instead of Alan Moore? Is there some joke I'm missing?

Marvel is currently releasing Marvelman and since Alan Moore is Alan Moore, it is being solicited as Original Writer.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bobkatt013 posted:

Marvel is currently releasing Marvelman and since Alan Moore is Alan Moore, it is being solicited as Original Writer.

Alan Moore was telling people to get off his lawn before people had lawns.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Alan Moore was telling people to get off his lawn before people had lawns.

Caves have lawns?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bobkatt013 posted:

Caves have lawns?

GET OFF MY DIRT PATH. I JUST RAKED THE PEBBLES.

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW

bobkatt013 posted:

Ha. No surprise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Stay safe poverty ghost

• Locked thread