Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

http://pitchfork.com/news/54123-stream-pharrells-new-album-g-i-r-l/

You can stream Pharrell's new album on iTunes Radio now. The Daft Punk track is pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

It's the only song I've really enjoyed from this new Pharrell album so far, besides Happy of course.

Also the instrumental reminds me of an RJD2 track but I can't remember which one now.

Zalgo
Oct 21, 2009

He͔̻̖͕ ͕͈̺͕̜c̯̜͇̲o̜͖̦m͙es͔̞̬̗͙.̥
As someone who isn't far from Devils Tower this news made me really drat sad.
http://rapidcityjournal.com/news/devils-tower-rejects-daft-punk-s-bright-idea-for-concert/article_a1320f0d-a704-50ce-978d-0ae42d621cf5.html

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
That would have made for a super Close Encounters-esque show.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

mints posted:

That would have made for a super Close Encounters-esque show.

Doesn't even matter anymore since Daft Punk never even proposed to do this concert: http://pitchfork.com/news/54144-daft-punk-did-not-apply-to-perform-at-a-wyoming-national-monument-contrary-to-reports/

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
A new outtake from RAM just leaked, featuring Jay-Z on vocals and Kanye on production: http://www.fakeshoredrive.com/2014/03/daft-punk-jay-z-computerized-prod-kanye-west.html/

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

Tagging the streets and humming the bassline.
Considering the sample of The Son of Flynn, this feels more like Jay-Z made a song and just happened to get Daft Punk in for some production stuff. I doesn't really sound like anything else off RAM either, so I doubt it comes from there.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

HorseRenoir posted:

A new outtake from RAM just leaked, featuring Jay-Z on vocals and Kanye on production: http://www.fakeshoredrive.com/2014/03/daft-punk-jay-z-computerized-prod-kanye-west.html/

I don't care if this isn't from RAM, this is amazing. It's like Stronger Mk. 2, and I loved Stronger.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

It sounds like a fake rear end fan made thing, but man, that vocoded part that comes in at almost 1:30 rules.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Yeah, it sounds like all the "leaks" from the Tron Legacy soundtrack. This is alright to listen to though.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
According to Pitchfork, it is a real track. No Kanye involvement, though.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I wouldn't mind a version with the Jay Z track removed. :colbert:

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Weird.

It's no worse than any other latter day Jay but that's not exactly a feat or anything.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I dig the track. I really didn't like the Tron soundtrack so I wish this had been on it.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Very ambivalent about this track. Definitely nothing special.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Yeah, that's a pretty good remix of TRON stuff. I can see why it was left off, but it sounds pretty nice.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I really like this, but see how it wasn't on RAM

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.
I love that the song about a new digital future has a man singing about his blackberry.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

BrokenKnees posted:

I love that the song about a new digital future has a man singing about his blackberry.

Best guess is that it was recorded around the Tron Legacy era. Which would be around the mark with the technology being namedropped.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Blackberry was hosed back then too Jay-Z is just a dork. He'd probably have a windows phone right now if Samsung wasn't sponsoring him.

Present
Oct 28, 2011

by Shine
Blackberries are the best phones for someone running a business and traveling all the time because of the full keyboard and email capabilities you goddamn nerds.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
All the biz types I know got rid of theirs long before TRON came out but they're just businessmen, not a business...men.

Present
Oct 28, 2011

by Shine
Yes because the guy that runs his own Domino's Pizza franchise has the same communication needs as a globally famous rap star that is also the owner of, or is involved with, a clothing line, sports bars, a beauty products line, a beer company, hotels, his own music label and a bunch of other things.

:cmon:

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Intel&Sebastian posted:

but they're just businessmen, not a business...men.

Present
Oct 28, 2011

by Shine
Oh hell, I gotcha now.

:):respek::)

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Julian Casablancas along with The Voidz performed Instant Crush at SXSW, and Jesus gently caress, Julian's voice sounds horrible, but everything else sounds good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPr7BOqhJVg

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Julian Casablancas along with The Voidz performed Instant Crush at SXSW, and Jesus gently caress, Julian's voice sounds horrible, but everything else sounds good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPr7BOqhJVg

I was actually at this show and it was somehow even worse in person.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Grammy Rehearsal footage!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDCgPkPX6cA

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Nile Rodgers just posted that on facebook saying the audio was out of sync. It's so much better watching this version of the video, rather than seeing 500% more awkward white people dancing from the taping.

Also it makes me sad as hell they're not doing a tour for this.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

It's so much better watching this version of the video, rather than seeing 500% more awkward white people dancing from the taping.
It's funny as hell seeing all their faces printed out and taped to the chairs though :mmmhmm:

But yeah,

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

Also it makes me sad as hell they're not doing a tour for this.
Agreed :(

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I saw The Glitch Mob tonight at a festival and they fit their remix of Derezzed into their set. It was a delight to hear and fit extraordinarily well with everything else they were playing.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master
Yo, that's forty dollars for a T-shirt.

http://www.daftpunk.com/split-helmet-unisex-t-shirt.html

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Pffffft, I have 4 Daft Punk t-shirts, 3 with that helmet design, and none of them cost that much :c00lbert:

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Pretty sure the tour shirt I got for Alive2007 was about that much. I offer this info for no other reason than to rub it the gently caress in on all yall.

Doctor Claw
Dec 25, 2007
I'll get you next time Gadget - next time!
When I got my Alive 2007 shirt in Brooklyn it was $40, but there was no way I wasn't going to buy proof that I saw Daft Punk.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Pretty sure the tour shirt I got for Alive2007 was about that much. I offer this info for no other reason than to rub it the gently caress in on all yall.

I think you're right, I remember the shirts being like 35 at the show.

edit: I can't seem to check out the section for State/Province doesn't have a box for me to enter my data.

edit 2: Not sure what was wrong with the site but I got checked out when I tried it a little later.

mints fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Mar 26, 2014

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I hope you have more money, because the Daft Punk store just added more shirts, a poster, and a belt buckle.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories

CaptainYesterday posted:

I hope you have more money, because the Daft Punk store just added more shirts, a poster, and a belt buckle.

While I wanted the split helmet shirt, none of the new merch is OMG gotta have it for me. Maybe the poster...

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse
I want those ads as posters. Especially the one for the poster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Doctor Claw posted:

When I got my Alive 2007 shirt in Brooklyn it was $40, but there was no way I wasn't going to buy proof that I saw Daft Punk.

This is pretty much the only reason you spend 40 bucks on a shirt at a daft punk show.

• Locked thread