Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Who cares if its fake or not, the quality is kinda rough, but it's a good edit if it is, and it's a far sight better than the fan remixes I've heard so far. I can appreciate Daft Punk fandom, as I think they deserve it, but I can't enjoy most of these fan remixes. If this is fake, it's the best one I've heard musically. Apparent sound/editing issues aside. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that Daft Punk has apparently gone out of their way to use live sound, and it totally defeats the purpose and destroys the feel of it when some wanna-be DJ looking for 15 minutes of fame starts sampling it and turning it into another cliche dance track.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I've honestly never seen this cultish desire to create and publish fake songs like I have with Daft Punk.

It happens with Metallica sometimes, but honestly fake Metallica is not even a fraction as common as fake Daft Punk. Is it wanna-be DJs trying to get their name out there, or are people so delusional and impatient for new material that they spend their time making music they think sounds like Daft Punk?

I can't find a good reason for this annoying loving phenomenon.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I'd make some really gross post about wet ear pussies and and how tasty these rad tunes are but I mean most of the words are already there so you can assemble them into the most distasteful compliment to this lovely music as you see fit.

It's a really good album so far.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

The studio version of Get Lucky is insanely better, by the way. THe intro alone makes makes it that much better.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I keep hearing "this isn't dance music" but I can seriously groove to at least half of these songs. Even Get Lucky, which I'm pretty burned out on, is very easy to get the feet moving in step to.

It's not four-to-the-floor hosue music, no, but For fucks sake that's a boring style of music and it hasn't been interesting since, well, Homework. Daft Punk took a handful of old styles, added their special brand of french cheese, and modernized things a bit. Pharell could have been left out of the album but otherwise this is a very good album and if my fat rear end can get up and dance to this, the people in here who are more than likely way more fit than me shouldn't have a goddam issue.

Saying it's not a dance album, jesus. It's not a modern dance album. It's not house. It's not beep boop club house music, but it is dance music, and the kind I've personally been expecting and waiting for ever since they started teasing Get Lucky.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

The more I listen to this album, the more I understand why some people are disappointed or don't like it. Taste is all subjective and it takes a while for me to stop and look at things from a different angle if I'm engrossed in something.

I just like funky music, and RAM has plenty of that. I don't care what genre music is in as long as it appeals to my ears, and my attitude at first was pretty much "none of us are old enough to hate disco". I have parents who went through the era and got sick of disco, they have a right to hate it or dismiss it. Someone like me, who never really sought out that genre and was born way past its heydey -like a lot of people around my age- it's a pretty fresh sound to me. I'm not about to put on a disco suit and platform heels and kick it to Give Life Back To Music, but I do enjoy the sound and I'm not ruined on it like some people are.

Conversely, I'm not crazy on EDM for the opposite reason- I'm so completely loving burned out on 'laptop' music in general unless it's just exceptional. Honestly, at this point I have a tape of Kraftwerk - The Mix in my car (that's older than I am), Justice - Cross, and with Daft Punk's discography, and every time I try to explore that genre further than that I just get bored by what I hear.

I guess I got what I wanted out of Daft Punk here - which is something I'm not necessarily used to hearing that's well-made. The live instruments were a great choice to me, and revisiting old/underused genres to re-expose younger people to them is a pretty cool thought, even if it wasn't the intent of the album.

The worst I can say about RAM right now is that it's more than a little bit cheesy, and some of the tracks lay the corn on so thick I'm starting to skip them.

I also can't get hyped for remixes, as some people are obviously ready and anticipating, apparently even Daft Punk themselves. I don't know if live instrumentation necessarily poses a challenge to the crowd of people who remix other people's songs in their free-time, but if it does I'm pretty unafflicted by that as well.

So yeah, I can admit this album is probably ballsweat and dogshit to a lot of people who were expecting something built off of homework or human after all, or more closely tied to the EDM scene, but Discovery 2 with live instruments is loving great to me.

Riot Bimbo fucked around with this message at 11:34 on May 15, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Yeezus isn't that good. It's not bad either. When it comes to Kanye I just want an album that's wall to wall Monster and nothing else I guess.

• Locked thread