Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Zedicus Mann posted:

Too bad there's only a two second preview so we can't confirm if any of the leaks are real or not.

I think that's the funniest part. I clicked the preview and when it abruptly ended like that I thought I stopped it by accident. But no, it's just really like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Wait, is it "We've come so far to revoke who we are" or "We've come so far to evolve who we are"? I can't tell now :confused:

Either way, we're all a Mexican love key :mexico:

I always hear evolve.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Zedicus Mann posted:

I thought it was "We've come too far to give up who we are", but I could be very wrong.

Now I hear this. Hahaha.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Also, "let's raise the bar and accost to the stars"?

Uhh

:wtc:

I thought I knew what "accost" meant and how Pharrell was using it wasn't correct, but it turns out I was incorrect in what I thought it meant, but it still seems to not fit very well in this context.

Isn't it "Lets raise the bar and we'll coast to the stars"?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Pretty sure it's "I'm up all night to pet puppies" y'all.

:3:

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I didn't see it mentioned here but that Coachella teaser for RAM was put on the official Columbia Records YouTube account like a week ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ep2NDJXS5g

It's nothing special watching it now but here it is.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

More like Kraft Punk with how cheesy this album is :rimshot:

Really though, I'm happy this album exists. It's a fun time (cheese and all).

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

"Touch" is a really good song, I'm pleasantly surprised.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Yeah this isn't really "get up and dance" tunes, it's just sit back and chill and have a fun time listening. I respect that.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Hahah get out of here. The album will do alright.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Amazon has the vinyl for $34. Or at least that's what I paid for it.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Cold Fusion posted:

I've been listening to contact again and I had this vision that their next set would open with it and they would just come out of their glistening holo-dodecahedron when the organs kick in, and I got really excited for just a moment. That's all.

I had the same thought today. It would be nuts.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Sigh. I was hoping Amazon would ship the vinyl a little early so I'd have it today but no dice.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

uno.mannschaft posted:

I read earlier in this thread that the daft punk guys had said something to the effect of "modern dance/laptop music sucks, has no soul and they can't be bothered with it". Which off course is an insanely stupid and headline whoring thing to say. But if they now feel that way why would a remix album ever be made?

Because they apparently made RAM with the intention of remixing it themselves and what better way to make modern dance music better than remixing your own music.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

There isn't a collaborator video for Julian yet right? I guess it could come out Monday or something but it's weird his would be the last one to me.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

So my vinyl copy just got here from Amazon. I seem to have received two codes to download RAM online. Is this normal or did I "Get Lucky" :smug:

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

quadratic posted:

Ugh, I'm jealous. I placed my order the day it was available on Amazon and it didn't ship out unti today :argh:

Anyway, yeah, you're lucky.

Holy poo poo what, aren't they usually good with release day arrival?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

mints posted:

Release day in the States is tomorrow. They've gotten better at figuring out when things will actually get there, for me at least. I got shipping notice on Saturday, but it didn't actually get picked up from KY until today and it's expected to be delivered tomorrow.

I preordered the thing last Wednesday and it shipped out Saturday and arrived in Miami this morning. I guess I just lucked out for once :3:

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Touch has a lot of different movements to it and sounds a lot like it's pulled from a musical, so looking at it that way makes me enjoy it so much.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Yeah this is a super unnecessary remix.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

There's a cool poster for the video also. Gonna have to find this somewhere.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

http://pitchfork.com/news/54123-stream-pharrells-new-album-g-i-r-l/

You can stream Pharrell's new album on iTunes Radio now. The Daft Punk track is pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

mints posted:

That would have made for a super Close Encounters-esque show.

Doesn't even matter anymore since Daft Punk never even proposed to do this concert: http://pitchfork.com/news/54144-daft-punk-did-not-apply-to-perform-at-a-wyoming-national-monument-contrary-to-reports/

• Locked thread