Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kerk
Feb 9, 2008

Since 1992
Can we please not post any "remixes" of the unreleased songs in here? I really don't see the point of listening to someones bootleg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerk
Feb 9, 2008

Since 1992

Rocco posted:

I know we've been getting "Get Lucky" fake-rear end leaks all week, but I think we have the first genuine leak of a different random track on the album "Lose Yourself To Dance" (track 6) It sounds more or less completely legit and I guess people have already heard it at Coachella. Not sure what I think about it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4Md7LLkK9I

Edit: I'm fairly certain I hear Julian Casablancas on this one but I may be retarded.

This is so bad.

We've all waited 7 years, havent we learned that patience is a virtue with Daft Punk? The album will be out soon enough...

Kerk
Feb 9, 2008

Since 1992

resident posted:

Serious question...is Daft Punk considered old people's electronic by kids in their teens and early 20s or have they developed a timeless image? I'm in my late 20s and I could definitely see a younger crowd not being quite as receptive to this if they didn't grow up with Homework and Discovery. Its a fairly different sound compared to most modern electronic.

If they arent down with it, gently caress them.

Really hoping this album ushers in an updated standard of quality within dance/pop music.

Kerk
Feb 9, 2008

Since 1992

Ras Het posted:

With some by numbers disco house that wouldn't've sounded particularly fresh had Madonna done it in the late '90s? I like the song but come the gently caress on geezer.

Its obviously a stretch but hey, one can hope! I wouldn't mind going back to the way pop music sounded in the early 2000's.

Kerk
Feb 9, 2008

Since 1992

The Walking Dad posted:

No, you really do not. It wasn't all Moby and Outkast.

Sorry you are right, Moby and Outkast were the only 2 artists making good music back then. My bad. :frogout:

Kerk
Feb 9, 2008

Since 1992

POINDEXTRE posted:

This link worked for me. I thought it was absolutely phenomenal right up until the end, when--like others have noticed--the outro synth just sort of tapers off into nothing? But my money's on radio edit wonkiness.

Yeah ends at the best part! Hoping that will be longer on the album

Kerk
Feb 9, 2008

Since 1992
That preview isnt fair!! So goddamn good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerk
Feb 9, 2008

Since 1992
2nd song in and I could cry, amazing already!!! Daft Punk <3

• Locked thread