Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Wario In Real Life posted:

Everything is always a lie.

There's absolutely no way there will be a streaming preview.

I imagine one becoming available after Wee Wa, but before that just seems like hopeful thinking to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Vaah posted:

The leak is legit. 192kbs. Words cannot describe

A 192kbps transcode of the itunes stream. Still not a leak of a proper CD/vinyl rip but yeah, it's real and sounds good enough for a first listen. I can't wait to burn out the motor on my turntable playing this all summer.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Is it available anywhere else? My phone won't play that links stream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JF_QVNfyRY8 in all of youtube's glorious low quality

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Looking at how the tracks split for sides of the vinyl makes the tracklist seem less weird too.

Exactly this, every side of the record ends beautifully. I think it was in the pitchfork article that they played around with the idea of releasing the CD with only 4 tracks on it.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Cleretic posted:

When I think about it, I feel like Daft Punk has a specific 'job' in the music industry: to introduce people to music they never would have listened to otherwise, by presenting the mainstream with a type of music that's completely unlike their usual. I sure as hell know that I wouldn't be nearly as into house/EDM, or at least wouldn't have gotten into it as early as I did, if it weren't for Cartoon Network playing the music video for One More Time for reasons that still escape me.

Now though, things have flipped around a bit. Electronic music the likes of which Daft Punk have produced their whole career is mainstream, with YouTube spreading it far and wide, and goddamn Skrillex playing on a 'hits of the past and present' station right after Guns and Roses (now that was a weird day). So now, faced with an environment that's nearly the complete polar opposite of what they started in, Daft Punk... take up the same role, just in the opposite direction. Forcing us all to listen to music made with real equipment and instruments, and real people behind it.

Or maybe I'm making poo poo up, I can never tell the difference.

While I agree with those points I feel like ram fits more as the robots thinking "if we could only sample one album for the rest of time, what would it sound like."

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Am I the only one who thinks Giorgio by Moroder sounds like a fragrance of cologne?

"now you too can smell like you've been on a coke binge at the disco for 6 days straight"

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

When I bust out the record to listen to while I make my lonely meals for myself I'll usually go with either side 2 or side 4. Contact just sounds so awesome with the full room for the song to breath. People who only listened to the itunes rip of it and wrote it off as scratching whiny noise are really missing out.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Face To Face syncs up with the episode of futurama about fry's dog

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

So I got an email about this today http://www.popmarket.com/?cid=nl%3A1052224399

don't worry I waited till I secured my copy before posting so you can feel free to get your own

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Hows about you be a dear and let us know what price it ended up at? The site asks for you to sign up to even see it.

Edit: Since I'm asking someone else to play HuffPo-Spoilers: It's the "Alive 1997 + Alive 2007 (Boxset) (4LP Colored Vinyl w/Digital Download)" thing

It was 95 bucks, so 30 off the MSRP. Looks like it's "sold out" now but they have a disclaimer saying to keep trying anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

BickidWoody posted:

Shame, been meaning to pick up those Vinyls for awhile

It's a super sick set, the 07 case is a trifold even though it's just 2 records to accommodate an amazing panorama from behind the decks.

Of course now it has me looking to find a copy of music sounds better with you, I've already delayed buying a car enough.

• Locked thread