Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Fake or not, I love it, and I've had it on repeat for the last 30 minutes. Thinking about repeating it all night, staying awake to see if I get lucky. Already preordered the album, can't wait for 21st of May.

I'll put it on my turntable, turn it on, lean back and anjoy. It'll be a great afternoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
I'm kinda sad I haven't picked up this on the radio here in Norway yet. Even though the song is on the top 10 straming lists and what not. I guess my problem is that I usually only listen to radio for 15 minutes when I'm in the shower in the morning and that's about 2 songs.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Interesting. I have to try to catch some more of her radio shows. Saw her live last year, girl got skills. And a good taste when it comes to music.

Eventually, I guess I could try to branch out and listen to NRJ or Radio 1 or something too, instead of being locked at P3 and P4.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Just dropping this here:
https://soundcloud.com/enblog/sets/daft-punk-25-live-or-djset-in

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Oh god ... I don't think I can wait much longer for this.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem

Grawl posted:

t:mad:

27, thank you very much.

What up, bro!

Loving the album. Found a 320 kbps leak and it's been on repeat for the last hours. Also got it on my phone to listen to it all day at work tomorrow and whenever I leave my computer for the rest of this year.
All the tracks sounds great in my ears, but Giorgio and Contact really takes off. Doesn't seem like they're ever going to land either, and I'm totally okay with that.
Can't wait to review it tomorrow!

Can't wait to destroy the engine on my turntable either. It'll be the best reason to upgrade and everything will be pure bliss.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Just read Billboard's review.

They didn't really care too much for "Giorgio by Morodor", so I don't really care too much for their review.

quote:

3. Giorgio by Moroder - An interesting idea -- Italian dance king Giorgio Moroder talks about his various music experiences and tricks of the trade before Daft Punk take the reins and pump the jams -- is harder to swallow when pinned as the longest song and crucial third track of the album. A better tribute would have been a more cohesive song.

e: I knew "Beyond" reminded me of another song. Freezepops "Less Talk More Rokk", but that may just be me.

Datasmurf fucked around with this message at 10:52 on May 14, 2013

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Wouldn't that be Alive 2017?

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
I guess you're all waiting impatiently for the remix album then.

I'm extremely happy with what I've got, but I guess a remix album will be nice too.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
So after listening to this album for the past 16 hours, I can definitly say that I love it. I adore it. I want it inside me. And it flows so well when I rearranged the order of it, to the one some goons posted earlier in the thread.

I love me some good, old disco, like Donna Summer and Chic, and I love it just as much as I love this. I have no problems imagining my self in some shady 70's bar where Daft Punk & co is playing under a disco ball while I'm chilling and enjoying the groove.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
I keep hearing Freezepop's "Less Talk More Rokk" the last minutes of "Giorgio" (and most of the melody in "Beyond"). Not sure if there's anything there, but eh, gently caress it, I like it!

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Woohoo! Got my vinyl today, and it sound so good!

e: Bonus pic:

The thing in the front contains paper stuff to make a helmet, probably like the ones in Wee Waa.
I'll put it together and put it on a bust somewhere in the house. Classy up the room a bit.

Datasmurf fucked around with this message at 13:59 on May 18, 2013

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
I was actually surprised when I got the album today, didn't think I'd get it before Tuesday.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem

thathonkey posted:

How did some people get the vinyl already? Did preorders ship early? Im curious to hear the mastering on the LP. Is it really that much different?

I take it they did. Mine was shipped from the record store where I preordered it the 16th and I had it in my hands the 18th. For the record, that's the fastest they've ever shipped something to me. Usually it takes a couple of weeks. The sound on the LP is much warmer and sounds better than the MP3s at least, but then again, they were just that. MP3s. 320 kbps, but still MP3s. I wish the digital download had been for FLAC or WAV. Guess I'll just have to rip the vinyl.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Hey, at least it's better than NASCAR.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
I think the reason why I like "Beyond" so much (and "Giorgio by Morodor" too, for that matter), is because I keep hearing Freezepop's "Less Talk More Rokk" all over it.

Also digging "Horizon". I think I've got to buy the Japanese edition, so that I can have it in good quality too.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
More than I can say than their brothers in the West then. Can only find "Get Lucky" on the charts here in Norway. :/

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Yeah, rectify this. Immediately.

(Hell, there's even a song on the TRON Legacy OST called "Rectifier". Though it's one of the least Daft Punk sounding tracks on the whole thing.)

I own both TRON-movies, but haven't seen any of them.
Though I have both the OST and the remix of it, and I love the hell out of both of them. The remix album was the first album I put on my SGSII when I bought it and is probably the one that has been played the most.

It's so good, not as good as Discovery or RAM, but drat!

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem

Captain Invictus posted:

Ript, one of them only-available-for-24-hours-then-retired-forever t-shirt sites, has a pretty loving sweet Daft Punk yin-yang shirt today. Thought maybe some of you'd be interested. https://www.riptapparel.com/

drat you! Now I've spent my food money on another t-shirt. :(

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
I have to say, I do like NME's review of RAM. It's a pleasant read and I agree wholeheartedly with it.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=SICP-3817

Gah, I so want to order this. Just for "Horizon".
And for the record (no pun intended), I love the whole album, and never skip any track. And I still listen to it all day. Well, the last week I've been alternating between it and some older playlists with Pink Floyd and some newers with chill and balearic trance, but it's mostly RAM all day and all night.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Yeah, Kanye's work has never interested me. Only song I've liked where he has shown up, is "Dilated Peoples - This Way".
I prefer my hiphop older and without too much pop.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
I don't want to live in a world where Daft Punk and Psy is mashed together. :|

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Man, that is one sweet remix!

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem

Ultimate Mango posted:

I love the style of these little snippets they have done. Makes me want a full length movie of the whole thing. Maybe with a nice multi channel mix. I could watch that. Daily.

Makes me want to find my copy of Interstellar 5555 or whatever the Discovery video was. Heck, now I want to try to find it on bluray.

I sat down with a cold beer and watched it on blu-ray last night. It was just as awesome as I thought it would be. I love "Interstella 5555".

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Aww. :)

A friend of mine showed his niece the movie earlier this Summer. She loved it. When I get kids, I'll do to them as my parents did to me. Introduce them to great music from when they're toddlers.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
It may have been, but the BR I bought had more extra materials and was a couple of minutes longer than my DVD version.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Indeed it is. I love it!

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
I would not mind paying $275 for that. I may end up doing that. Have to see if I can afford it.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
I really liked the video for "Instant Crush". Probably because I really like the fairytale it seems to be inspired by. With them melting and all that. "The Steadfast Tin Soldier" by H.C. Andersen for those of you who didn't notice / know.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
I am so getting that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem

CRINDY posted:

Yeah, it's just a PR stunt for Jay-Z's new lossless streaming service. Which, of course, will flop, because lossless + streaming do not go together well. Can't wait for people to go over their data caps after four hours of listening.

I wouldn't say that. I only stream lossless from the Norwegian service Wimp (which I guess TIdal bought?). But then again, I never stream on my phone if I don't have WiFi nearby anyway. I mostly stream at home while looking for new music to buy. I'm one of those guys who prefer to have their music stored locally and on analog mediums like CDs and vinyls.

Anyway, long story short, a lot of people are interested enough in lossless streaming here in Norway for it to be feasible, so I take it it'll work out in the rest of the modern world too.

• Locked thread