Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Advice posted:

What the gently caress, man.

holy poo poo..what the gently caress is that video?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

I agree with it being a pre-master mix, the volume of the track seems to be all over the place.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Big Mean Jerk posted:

That file is also only 128 kbps. It's going to sound muted and poorly mixed.

128kbps isn't going to make the track volume be all over the place though.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

I find it really strange that Daft Punk would allow their new debut single to be performed live for the first time at a cellphone release party..it's also pretty obvious that Daft Punk isn't going to trust some lame rear end no name DJ to abelton files so they just used an MP3 of the radio edit.

Photex fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Apr 20, 2013

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Philthy posted:

Nothing about it is live really. He's just singing over the top of the song every few lines. You can hear the chorus effect from it.

I know nothing about it live that's why i mentioned the DJ wasn't actually doing anything but scrub an mp3. I am just saying it surprises me that Daft Punk allowed it to be basically showcased like that, it didn't do the song justice at all.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

I really like his insight on the album, it really looks like we're going to have to take 50-75 minutes and sit down with a good pair of headphones and listen to the album as a single piece. I am absolutely okay with this.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Attention Horse posted:

It's a bit terrible.

it's an 11 year old leak..

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

I'm on a cruise and I literally just dropped a poo poo ton of money to grab this to listen to in the Bahamas

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

henpod posted:

I just can't stop listening to Instant Crush, what a marvellous song. I think I prefer the radio edit of Get Lucky as the album version is a tad repetitive...

The radio edit for me is worse only because its missing the intro

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

I've read that the 24/88 version is dynamically identical to the CD version compared to ripping the vinyl yourself

YMMV though

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yjw595chVgQ

we've come full circle.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

so i'm sure it was an artistic choice but 4:3 aspect ratio in 2013 :negative:

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

anyone got a link to the performance yet?

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

iSheep posted:

I've been trying to find something respectable on youtube...

This one has some weird glitching around the start of Freak Out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzXiMvkKkPo

yeah i found this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xI3HIiGtL3k&feature=share has a similar glitch.

But I wish they didn't show the Daft Punk hands this time, at least when they were playing with Kanye they had some sweet looking touchscreens that reacted to their pantomime.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

it wasn't the taste of the performance it was the execution.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Man Cub posted:

Because Stevie Wonder forgot some lyrics to get lucky and sang out of tune, that means daft punk, pharrell, Nile Rodgers, and all of the other musicians did a bad job?

I wonder how long Stevie actually rehearsed for that performance.

are you saying daft punk actually did something in that performance?

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I read a behind-the-scenes article about the making of their performance, and apparently that mixing console they were using actually worked and they were actually controlling elements of the music with it, but who the hell knows.

I saw photos of the actual rig and it was basically just a bunch of patch bays to nowhere.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

who are Arcade Fire?

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Bown posted:

How much is Jay-Z paying you?

he's only paying for his data usage on his cell phone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Ultimate Mango posted:

This is why you never give up your unlimited data plan contract.

I'm on an MVNO so it doesn't matter to me.

• Locked thread