Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

Tagging the streets and humming the bassline.
I thought the Discovery "demos" were just fan made deconstructions/remixes of the songs from Discovery with one or two original tracks because you get famous by not having your name on your original works/remixes, I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

So are we all going to not mention the extra disco synths in Get Lucky that you can hear in that Pete Tong interview? I'm starting to jump onto the idea that the radio edit is really just a stripped down radio friendly version and the full one will be less sparce sounding.

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

I've actually never seen Electroma, and know nothing other than some people really want to believe Human After All was made to go over it ala Interstella 5555. Is it any good? I'm kind of curious now.

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

Rumour has it that the album is going to be streaming on iTunes at 3 PM EST, so I need to figure out what to do while I wait for an hour and a half to be disappointed by this probably not happening.

I sure hope it does happen though. I can't handle not hearing this album anymore.

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

poo poo man, The Game of Love sounds like they took Stickerbrush Symphony from Donkey Kong Country 2 and mashed it up with Something About Us.

I love this album already.

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

I can't really say anything about Giorgio by Moroder right now, because I'm just sitting here going :stare:

Giorgio for best dance track 20forever

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

Just made it to Get Lucky, is it too early to say this blows Discovery out of the water for the rank of best dance album?

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

Smoking Crow posted:

Don't

I haven't listened to it yet, but don't you think it's a little premature to call this the best anything?

I was mostly joking, but I'm sitting here in utter disbelief that this album is as good as it is.

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

Colonel Whitey posted:

Just curious, what was the general initial response to HAA? Did it start this positive and then cool off? Or was everyone pretty cool to it on first listen?

I kind of got in after Alive 2007 happened, but from what I can tell, the common opinion on Human After All went from "this is too repetitive" to "yeah, I guess that makes sense" after Alive happened. I still personally enjoy the album, but I don't think there was ever a rabid fanbase for HAA.

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

the more I listen to Instant Crush, the more I wish there was a version without Casablancas' voice being vocoder'd to hell and back. Not to say it's bad, I just really like his voice and I would be curious to hear it like that.

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

drat, that's good! I think I'm starting to like the remix of Get Lucky more than the original song though.

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

kalensc posted:

Awesome, thanks for the tips. I'd completely forgotten to check out more Kavinsky after I saw Drive.

Justice is great although I listened to Cross so many times it's lost a bit of its allure. What I'm really hoping to find are songs that keep rising towards an intense crescendo like Contact, stuff like that is amazing for an adrenaline rush while cycling. Too bad Danger hasn't put anything new out in a few years, his stuff were fantastic.

Just curious, have you heard Justice's 18 minute song, Planisphere? It definitely has that rising feeling you seem to be looking for.

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

The Daftside remix of Instant Crush is incredible and I will not hear otherwise. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

Considering the sample of The Son of Flynn, this feels more like Jay-Z made a song and just happened to get Daft Punk in for some production stuff. I doesn't really sound like anything else off RAM either, so I doubt it comes from there.

• Locked thread