Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tentril
May 9, 2012
This is a radio edit that is missing about two minutes of the song. There is still plenty of potential for it to get more interesting. I think this is perfect for a track you hear on the radio, and I see no reason to expect the album version to just repeat that last bit for two minutes or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tentril
May 9, 2012

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Also, "let's raise the bar and accost to the stars"?

Let's raise the bar and our cups to the stars.

Jesus are we really already debating what the lyrics sound like?

tentril
May 9, 2012
Won't we be surprised when the full song is released and the extra two minutes feature a dubstep break. The whole "going back to go forward" thing was clever misdirection.

tentril
May 9, 2012

Trees and Squids posted:

Man, I realize the review is negative, but the reviewer describing the album as "Prog-funk" has got me so excited. gently caress yeah.

He says it so many times that I feel like he doesn't know what it means. It certainly doesn't sound like a synonym for awful.

tentril
May 9, 2012
Hey I really enjoyed this album and other people didn't. The world keeps on turnin'.

tentril
May 9, 2012

dj bobby bieber posted:

I'm finding it really hard to have a strong discussion about this with people because I tell them I don't like it and I get poo poo like this:

I'm finding it really hilarious to read this thread for that exact reason.
"Best album ever! It will change music from now on!"
"Anyone who enjoyed any of this album has never heard a real instrument before obviously."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tentril
May 9, 2012
Game of Love and Within are great. I get that you guys think they aren't energetic enough to have next to Giorgio, but it's pretty silly to expect all the energetic tracks together or something. If they put all the slower songs at the end people would be too pumped from the first half and stop listening.

Although I also don't understand the appeal of Doin' it Right, so I guess I wanted different things out of this album. It just feels like there were two or three instrument tracks they forgot to put in the final mix.

• Locked thread