Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Popcorn posted:

Can someone explain why "Giorgio by Moroder" is a funny track title? I don't get it. It's some sort of pun, right?

The guest featured on the song is Giorgio Moroder. It's like if they had Kanye West rap on a track and then proceeded to name the track Kanye By Kanye West.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

JSnake posted:

So either someone has a perfect Pharrell impersonation, came up with lyrics that perfectly go along with the song and added new song elements on top of that or... this is a radio edit leak of Get Lucky. http://pmd.sonic1029.com/audio/downloads/rick_lee/daftpunk_getlucky.mp3

Man, I hope that's not the final version if it is real. It's good, but it's definitely not perfect single / perfect summer song quality like I thought Get Lucky would be.

That loop barely changes at all, so it's gotta be a demo if it's even real, right?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

When I listened to it earlier (when that radio station's site had it up), I listened on my phone. Listening to the one on Beatport on my computer now and it sounds better on a better system. The bass is there. But it still feels pretty underwhelming :( Even if it's just a radio edit and not the full song, this is the final mix? I sure hope not.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Wait, is it "We've come so far to revoke who we are" or "We've come so far to evolve who we are"? I can't tell now :confused:

Either way, we're all a Mexican love key :mexico:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Zedicus Mann posted:

Too bad there's only a two second preview so we can't confirm if any of the leaks are real or not.

Skeezy posted:

I think that's the funniest part. I clicked the preview and when it abruptly ended like that I thought I stopped it by accident. But no, it's just really like that.

Hahaha, I thought the same thing when I clicked the link. I was like "Wait, is there something wrong with my audio?" Then I played it again and it was exactly the same :shepface:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Zedicus Mann posted:

I thought it was "We've come too far to give up who we are", but I could be very wrong.

Skeezy posted:

Now I hear this. Hahaha.

Me too :stare: I just listened to it again and I heard "give up" that time.

There's probably a bunch of different things it could be.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Also, "let's raise the bar and accost to the stars"?

Uhh

dictionary.com posted:

ac·cost
to confront boldly: The beggar accosted me for money.
to approach, especially with a greeting, question, or remark.
(of prostitutes, procurers, etc.) to solicit for sexual purposes.
noun
a greeting.

:wtc:

I thought I knew what "accost" meant and how Pharrell was using it wasn't correct, but it turns out I was incorrect in what I thought it meant, but it still seems to not fit very well in this context.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Skeezy posted:

Isn't it "Lets raise the bar and we'll coast to the stars"?
Hahaha holy poo poo, well that makes a lot more sense :doh:

I can't wait for the official lyrics to come out.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

AwwJeah posted:

The hell is "we robbed a mexican monkey" supposed to mean? gently caress you Pharrell, you hack.
Surely it would explain this:

AwwJeah posted:

Dunno where all these complaints about the recording quality of "Get Lucky" are coming from. Everything sounds very expensive. This song is what I imagine money sounds like.

Can't wait to see what else those whacky robots can do with a few million dollars worth of recording equipment.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Zedicus Mann posted:

Oh god guys, real official leak right here: https://soundcloud.com/omulu/daft-punk-get-lucky-6-07-real

:iamafag:

Oh my god, I couldn't have hoped for anything better :swoon:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Holy crap, there's a vocoder section and everything :bravo:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Rocco posted:

I know we've been getting "Get Lucky" fake-rear end leaks all week, but I think we have the first genuine leak of a different random track on the album "Lose Yourself To Dance" (track 6) It sounds more or less completely legit and I guess people have already heard it at Coachella. Not sure what I think about it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4Md7LLkK9I

Edit: I'm fairly certain I hear Julian Casablancas on this one but I may be retarded.

I was about to call bullshit on this but then I kept listening and I really enjoyed it :haw:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Well, looks like I'll be up all night to get lucky :getin:

(But really midnight Eastern is only 11pm for me.)

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Deviantfish posted:

It leaked at 256. It sounds so good :allears:

The one that's being released at midnight? Does it sound different than the one we heard yesterday?

Or is this a troll? Oh god, it probably is :smithicide:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Drake Bate posted:

It's the same track as the leak, but mixed better.

edit: Pharrell kind of sounds really stoned; I love love it.

So they didn't change up the loop for the radio edit at all? Man, that's kind of a bummer :(

Maybe the full version will make it sound more...well, full. The radio edit's still good, but it sounds like it could have been more than it is.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

It's up half an hour early? I thought it was supposed to be midnight EST and that's not for another 30 minutes.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

squarerandom posted:

Bout to drat crash my car buying this and gifting it to my gf too. Stupid LA traffic is already be up in Santa Cruz!!!

Are you driving a Testarossa? Maybe you'll become Kavinsky!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I'm of the opinion that it could use work, but hell, I can't stop listening to it. Driving to this is on repeat gonna be so much fun.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Does foobar2000 have an "infinite repeat" option?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

You guys are lifesavers :glomp:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I just drove home and I'm not even kidding when I say that all I listened to on my way home was Get Lucky on repeat like 5 or 6 times in a row. I think I'm in love. I almost never feel that urge to listen to a song over and over again (well, I did earlier in the year with JT's Suit & Tie, but it's still very rare), but I do with this one.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

TheYellowFog posted:

Suit and Tie is the worst Justin Timberlake song

:frogout:

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Tunnel Vision is the greatest new JT.

Yeah it's the poo poo. That whole album owns. Every song is a knockout.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I, Butthole posted:

Here's the true definitive live version of Get Lucky:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOlM5CDSoi8

Hahaha, I saw this last night. The bass in this sounds like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmnZgBpYG_4

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

getitoffgetitoff posted:

I think this song just sounds really average. It honestly feels like it could have been a Bruno Mars single or something. Which isn't to say it's bad, it's just... eh.

I can't stand any Bruno Mars singles and I've listened to this at least 20 or 30 times since it came out a few nights ago v:shobon:v

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Are We Not Men? We Are Daft Punk!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm up all night to feel fluff
I'm up all night to do stuff
I'm up all night to have fun
We're up all night to pet puppies

Well now I have to listen to the song again with this in mind :allears:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

sonicice posted:

Well this is pretty much my favorite video on the internet today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpDwlt_zAM8

A cockatoo dancing to Phoenix

Hahahahaha oh my god, I want one! :3:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

It probably could have been done a little better, but here's a mashup I just found containing two of my favorite songs this year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qYhs-7jUCE

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Here's a cover of Get Lucky that I've seen circulating a good deal the past few days:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5Cp55MvX54

It sounds like it could be a b-side from The xx. While it's not bad, I guess, I don't think it's particularly good either. The spirit of the original seems completely lost here.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Cameron posted:

The new collaborators is up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kc3I0Ent9Zg

edit: We've heard one song and I already feel like this is going to be the best album of the 2000's if the collaborators and the feeling of this whole hype machine is really what it turns out to be.

Totally agreed. Man, Chilly's is probably the most interesting, most exciting Collaborators video. This is getting me so hyped.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

:stare:

I'm gonna have to hear this album, like as soon as humanly possible.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Were they doing some kind of mix show? I'm guessing so, because the tempo for Get Lucky sounds faster than it should, Suit And Tie comes in way too quickly and the song doesn't even start off with that line.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Shampy posted:

I actually thought the faster tempo sounded pretty dope. And also, I shouldn't have said "too bad" because I actually enjoy "Suit and Tie" for what it is. And yeah, here in Miami they typically have these mix shows after a certain hour.

That's cool! Yeah, I thought it sounded cool too, just didn't realize what was going on at first because it sounded abnormally fast :)

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

HorseRenoir posted:

Ryan Schreiber of Pitchfork wrote down some pretty extensive notes on the album on his Tumblr. This album sounds insane.

:stare:

The 17th cannot get here soon enough.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

squarerandom posted:

Yeah, I'm kinda getting over them too, especially since we only get Get Lucky in the background and no other loops of pieces.

They're keeping the mystery alive. We've all heard Get Lucky, now we aren't getting poo poo else 'til the album comes out. That way, we'll have 12 tracks that we've never ever heard to blow our minds with.

You're against that?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Holy poo poo, this is the Pharrell one exactly :laffo:

That was amazing.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Awwwwwww :3:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

SaltLick posted:

https://www.teefury.com/

Saw that as today's shirt and thought of the thread.

One of my friends showed me this earlier before I had checked this thread and I grabbed a red one :D

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Falcon's was probably the least informative of all the Collaborators videos. He said next to nothing about his part in this album. It was more of him talking about Daft Punk being Daft Punk through the years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

LORD ASSBURGERS 69 posted:

Listened to "Get Lucky" for the first time and the song sounds very generic and boring. It doesn't help that Pharrell can't sing. I hope the rest of the album sounds nothing like this.

You're in for a nice surprise then :getin:

• Locked thread