Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Man I really want my pebble time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
So do you think "ships in May" means they start sending out units May 1 or maybe they begin a first run sometime in Q3 May

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Haven't even received my tracking number

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

sirbeefalot posted:

Those of you without tracking numbers, you might have one hidden in your Kickstarter backer page where your info and color selection are. View Source on that page and search for tracking, it'll be near that (there's two fields, one for Pebble Time tracking and one for Pebble Steel tracking).

Yeah, it's still null.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
They said we'd all have tracking numbers by mid June. Guess not

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Hahah got my tracking number gently caress all of y'all.

(how long does it usually take to get here? got first class USPS)

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Got mine. Impressed with screen quality in direct sunlight, not so much with backlight. Strap feels cheap though. Anyone know where I could get nicer ones?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
So what's the good GPS app for this thing? Relaying the route to my wrist and all that, without having to glance at my cellphone.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Is there such a thing as quick release nato straps? If so, where could I get them? I can't see myself trying to replace the band with a regular nato strap because I'm clumsy as all hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGko_0iG-jwWhoa ok I need something like this.

Calaveron fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jul 25, 2015

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
So did the latest update of the app completely break it for anybody else?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Why come I can't find an app that will prevent the phone from requiring my pin to unlock when my watch is nearby

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
So how reliable is the pebble time for counting calories and tracking sleep and stuff? Thought you needed the fancy metal diodes and bright green lasers stuff like fitbit and basis have in order to do that. And does using a nato band affect any of that stuff?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I dig the hr monitor but I guess that means nato straps are useless now.
I'm not backing this, though. I'll stick with my Time and wait until the price on the Time 2 inevitably drops a lot some time in spring.

I like the look of the regular Pebble 2 more than the Time 2. Wish it had a color screen but I guess that would defeat the entire purpose.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
So I bit the bullet and preordered a Time 2, despite liking the Pebble 2's design better because I understand that all smartwatches are beep boop toys for ugly powernerds and whoever says otherwise is fooling themselves.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
That's a drat shame because I really like my time but at least I'll get my money back
Now to look for a decent cheap alternative with as good battery life and customization options

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I wonder how badly the pebble people are haunted by the fact they didn't sell to citizen for a stupid high amount instead of the nickles they sold to fitbit for

Calaveron fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Dec 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Target has Pebble 2 for $40 and I was so tempted but I understand the thing isn't as good as a fitbit at keeping track of health?

• Locked thread