Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rohaq
Aug 11, 2006

MeKeV posted:

An interesting little tidbit that I've come across,

"To make the launch seem more like an event, the company is planning some surprises, too. Instead of revealing all the product’s secrets right away, it will dribble out subsequent Pebble Time revelations in “a month of fun” following the announcement. Those ordering early will have an opportunity to upgrade their purchases if they prefer whatever deluxe versions may appear in the coming few weeks."
It'll be interesting to see what deluxe versions appear, but I'm pretty happy with the base model offerings already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rohaq
Aug 11, 2006

Slanderer posted:

Is this gonna be the first commercial color e-paper/e-ink device? Looking it up, I never realized that the Qualcomm Toq watch actually came out in 2013, but I'm not sure if the IMOD display counts as "e-paper".
The screen tech is pretty new, from what I understand, so I wouldn't be surprised.

Rohaq
Aug 11, 2006

Space Fish posted:

Pixel Miner (will delete once everything's unlocked, I understand it leeches battery)
I'm pretty sure this only runs when you actually have the app running: Pebble can only run one background app at a time (due to CPU/memory restrictions), which would probably be Misfit/some other fitness tracker in your case. I tend to run Pixel Miner when my watch is charging, since the constant screen updates do tend to drain battery, as you say. You can check the currently selected process in your settings menu, under "Activity".

If you're looking for good watch faces, check out anything by by Dalpek. This guy releases watchfaces ridiculously regularly, and they're always pretty funky.

Personally, I'm running Pip Boy 100 at the minute - but that's because I'm on a Fallout 4 kick :)

Rohaq
Aug 11, 2006

azurite posted:

My Time Steel started making a jingling noise when the motor turns on. Anyone hear this on theirs? What's my prognosis?
It's a warning that there are only 151 days left till Christmas.

That or the vibrate motor is going wrong, you need to get an RMA.

Rohaq
Aug 11, 2006

azurite posted:

Haha, it actually stopped doing that after a day or so. I'll just pretend it's what you said.

I would still send it back if I were you, there's a good chance it might start happening again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rohaq
Aug 11, 2006
So sad about the whole Pebble Time 2 thing, I was looking forward to that.

And I still haven't found a suitable replacement for when my Time Steel finally wears out.

• Locked thread