Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MjolnirMan
Aug 15, 2006
It's Hammertime
Yeah, indoors the Time backlight is really, really bad for color. It washes everything out to look a pale blue-gray. I opened it at night, was pretty disappointed, and then left the house with it the next morning.

Hoo-lee-poo poo do the colors pop under sunlight. Gorgeous looking in conditions where you couldn't even see most LCDs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MjolnirMan
Aug 15, 2006
It's Hammertime
My roommate got his Time Steel this week, we went kayaking the same day, and being near but not in water apparently caused his screen to turn into irreparable static. Day one RMA.

My Time makes the creaking sound, but seems fine.

MjolnirMan
Aug 15, 2006
It's Hammertime
I'm also baffled at the coating on the Pebble Time bezel. My plastic OG Pebble took plenty of hits for years without a mark, and now my upgrade looks in worse shape in less than 2 months. And it doesn't even look horrible without the coat, I don't understand why they didn't leave it like this:

MjolnirMan
Aug 15, 2006
It's Hammertime
They claimed (or strongly implied) at the time that they had no need to Kickstart whatsoever as of KS-2, and doing so was just a fun little way to enable fan preorders and pay homage to their initial KS success. "A way to give back to the community" or some bullshit.

Of course, leaks after the fact demonstrate that they were pretty much always hemorrhaging money and likely did not have the money to produce the Time 2, even after the third KS.

• Locked thread