Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magic Mango
Aug 31, 2006

Only fools are enslaved by time and space.
OP, thanks for linking to that Revolution watchface, I really like it.

So far I'm slightly disappointed with the iOS integration. No consistent notifications aside from Mail/Messages/Phone is slightly annoying, as is the fact that the Caller ID doesn't show the caller name if it's over 12 characters. But things are improving pretty rapidly, and the latest updates did drastically reduce the amount of those annoying pop-up 'Pebble watch wants to communicate with Pebble app' messages. Plus if people are making Tetris apps and authenticators with the watchface SDK, I really can't wait to see what they'll do when the real app SDK comes out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magic Mango
Aug 31, 2006

TetsuoTW posted:

I don't know about apps, but how about the weather functionality they show on a watchface on the Kickstarter video? Or the "watchapp store" they claimed would exist in that same video? (And no, half a dozen watchfaces and snake in a list that hasn't been updated since launch doesn't count.) Or apps that can "transmit data to the Internet" (also from the pitch video)? Or the IFTTT service they showed off at CES seven months ago? Or the ability to actually read messages in Unicode so that those of us who live in non-English-speaking countries can actually read notifications without having to channel them through a third-party app?

I'd also like caller ID to actually work on iOS.

Magic Mango
Aug 31, 2006

iOS Pebble users: Some big news, an updated version of the Pebble App has been submitted to the App Store and should be made available early next week. It enables Bluetooth 4.0 (low energy) as well as support for Apple Notification Center Service (ANCS), which means all notifications you see in the Notification Centre will get pushed to the Pebble, and I'm guessing/hoping battery life ought to improve. There's also an updated SDK in the works which should enable some fancy apps in the near future. Full details here, but it looks like the Pebble will finally do what it promised!

:toot:

Magic Mango
Aug 31, 2006

There's a really nice bus/tube/train status checker and live timetable app for London. Well worth the update to 2.0 for that alone.

• Locked thread