Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chernobyl Prize
Sep 22, 2006

I ordered a Pebble on Amazon for $120.00 with some gift cards I got from work as a bonus. It seems like I'm getting in at a good time with the new firmware coming out in a couple months and an app store on the way. I think I'm going to swap the band out right away though, it looks a little hokey to me in the pictures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chernobyl Prize
Sep 22, 2006

Virtually all the functionality comes from the phone, there aren't any sensors of any kind. It'll tell you the time and date without a connection to the phone but I've seen the time be wrong when disconnected for a couple days. I don't have any games on mine, someone else can tell you if those still work.

Chernobyl Prize
Sep 22, 2006

Cat Hatter posted:

The Pebble absolutely has an accelerometer built in, that's why it knows that you've flicked your wrist for the backlight to come on. I just fiddled with the pedometer app I have (with my phone's bluetooth off) and it only registered about half of my steps but in its defence I was walking back and forth on carpet trying not to wake up my wife and I could have increased the sensitivity had I wanted. It's probably about as good as any pedometer worn on the wrist instead of on a shoe.

That makes sense, I hadn't thought of that.

For battery chat, I take mine off at night and turn it off as well. I still need to charge it about every 3 days.

This isn't related but my pebble was getting the horizontal static-lines and they sent me a new one before I even shipped the old one back. Top-notch customer service, just wanted to mention it.

Chernobyl Prize
Sep 22, 2006

My second replacement Pebble is on it's way, almost exactly one year after the first replacement. Both Pebbles so far have developed the screen static issue. Their support really is top-notch, although they wouldn't let me just get a credit towards a Time Steel. I'll just have to give the Pebble away for Christmas or something, I'm ready to upgrade.

• Locked thread