Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShoeFly
Dec 28, 2006

Waiter, there's a fly in my shoe!

kuskus posted:

On iOS your per-app notification settings reset every time you disconnect the device. It's still neat and advantageous to have. There won't be a great sea change until both iOS 7 have been out and the final Pebble SDK is released so people can harness it. So basically, not until maybe November. The battery life is great though, get in now it you're interested.

Although you should also note that calls and texts are automatically enabled. Every other app has to be re-enabled whenever the watch is disconnected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShoeFly
Dec 28, 2006

amiantos posted:

The few times I have had anything other than text notifications going to my Pebble it has been really annoying. At-a-glance info is one thing but my wrist vibrating with every bit of email I get was just too much.

My fear is that in iOS 7 they fix it so all notifcations go to the Pebble but it'll be impossible to stop them from going to the watch without disabling lock screen notifications completely.

In iOS 7 the app should have fine control over which notifications go to your watch.

ShoeFly
Dec 28, 2006

Kazy posted:

The iOS7 update's finally out.

There's a bit of a delay from watch > Notification, but hopefully that means if you act on the notification on the phone it won't send to your watch. Haven't done much testing to that effect, yet, though.

Sometimes the notifications don't make it to my watch at all, which is pretty poo poo and makes it useless for the most part.

ShoeFly
Dec 28, 2006

I've never used httpebble, it just seems that sometimes texts will appear on my watch and sometimes they won't.

ShoeFly
Dec 28, 2006

Three Olives posted:

Are you on an iPhone 4S+ or below because as far as I can tell a lot of the changes relate to Bluetooth 4.0 support.

5s. I'm assuming it's something to do with BLE and maintaining a connection, but it's a little frustrating. A few people are complaining about it on the Pebble forums, so it's not an isolated problem at least.

ShoeFly
Dec 28, 2006

Three Olives posted:

So now that everything is working notifications work really well and it does automatically reconnect if you lose range. Before this update I think I would have returned the watch but since I keep my phone on silent and get a fair number of notifications it's really nice to just have them on my wrist instead of grabbing my phone whenever I hear it buzz for some unknown reason.

Mine's been working perfectly today as well, it hasn't missed a single notification. I haven't changed anything so hopefully it'll keep working.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShoeFly
Dec 28, 2006

Three Olives posted:

Pebble Steel, thinner Gorilla glass and steel body. I am in love with Pebble and so tempted but with Apple's watch around the corner I'm not sure I want to put the money into it and it still looks a bit cheap.

My dad loves my mum's and my Pebbles, but he doesn't like the cheap look. I think this is right up his alley.

• Locked thread