Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
Just got my Steel Pebble and installed the Weather Channel watch face. If I can see the weather on my wrist that's all I care about.

What can I use to track my sleep if I have an Android phone? I see Misfit only exports to an iOS app, is it any good just looking at data on the watch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
I have a Nexus 5 with Lollipop and had no problems getting my Pebble Steel to work.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

I dig my steel. Microphone is pretty pointless but the other features are cool I guess.

Not going to lie I really like my steel because it looks like a normal sleek watch and not some obnoxious smart watch. The new one is going towards the latter imo

Yeah the reason I grabbed the Pebble Steel is because I saw a picture of it in an ad or something on Facebook and said "I want that on my wrist" before I even saw what it was. The fact that the weather is on my wrist is just like a bonus.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
Had my Pebble Steal (non-color) at a party, a couple of people asked if it was an Apple Watch, we all decided to call it the Blackberry of smart watches.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
Ever since I switched to a Nexus 5X my Pebble Steel hasn't been able to stay paired with my phone for more than a minute or so.

I'm not ready to rule out my phone being the cause, but is there any way to figure out what's going on? I've done the forget and pair routine a bunch of times, no change.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
The original app one disconnected like crazy, I upgraded to Pebble Time and upgraded the firmware, same problem.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
Could the watch face I'm using be responsible for disconnects? I'm currently using one I found called Minimalist weather, which doesn't seem to be able to actually keep up to date since I moved to my new phone. This morning I "connected" to the watch in the app and sat it down next to my phone and went to make breakfast. I happened to be standing over the watch 9 minutes later, and the weather was still "Loading..." and then it disconnected. I just now switched to the Weather Channel watch face and it got weather data in about a second. So could there be some timeout in the watch face that causes the disconnect?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
Time takes standard watch bands, right?

E: :hurr: maybe I should just read the product description, it takes a standard 22mm watch band

E2: Ugh only Gold for pebble steel, I need Silver!

FISHMANPET fucked around with this message at 16:48 on May 1, 2017

• Locked thread