Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace
Hopefully mine comes in later this month.

Does anyone else use Spotify on their Android and is the pebble able to change tracks with the app? I hate the Spotify lockscreen buttons to change tracks because they are very small and difficult to press when you're eyes are on the road or while running.

Also, here's a screen protector I found a few weeks ago

http://www.skinomi.com/pesm.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace
I pre-ordered mine back in August and my estimation was March and then pushed back to late May. It's now late May and their orders shipped status has yet to be updated afaik. I am not an original kickstarter backer.

Also, does anyone know about the Spotify question I posted earlier? On whether or not the tracks can be changed with the watch?

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace
Black. :argh:

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace
My pre-order, from back in August, just shipped out. Please don't tell me it's poo poo.

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace
Wow, back of my Pebble says Kickstarter Edition.

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace

WastedJoker posted:

I can almost taste the rage of backers who haven't even got theirs yet (assuming you're a pre-orderer and not a backer).

Yeah, pre-order. I almost feel a little bit guilty but we were supposed to get ours back in March.

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace
I made a simple and crude Daft Punk (Guy Helmet) watchface.

http://www.watchface-generator.de/watchfaces/20130608/daftpunk/

I want to make a better version but the tools available on that site aren't that great.

edit: Someone on reddit used the watchface maker and a QR code (leave a small border around it) to scan their movie tickets/Starbucks card/etc. Thought that was a pretty good idea to share here. I wish I were more gifted in programming (the extent of my coding knowledge comes from that Jonathan Coulton song) because I have some ideas as well.

SyRauk fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Jun 8, 2013

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace

mcpringles posted:

I think it depends on when you pre-ordered too. I think most people that are getting their pebble now pre-ordered last year.

I was an idiot and didn't back this because I had a Windows Phone. Now I'm on Android and backed it around March so I probably have a long wait still :(

They are killing themselves with their slow manufacturing and will not be able to compete with the other wearable devices that have already expanded upon the Pebble's basic design.

There's the Kreyos: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/kreyos-the-only-smartwatch-with-voice-gesture-control

and you bet your rear end Sony is keeping at it: http://androidandme.com/2013/06/news/sony-smartwatch-2-unveiled-the-perfect-companion-for-your-android-device/

then there are all the other companies making similar devices that will be unveiled before this years end and turning up next year in stores.

Point is, don't wait for something that will be obsolete before it's even on your wrist.

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace
Google is making an Android console and a smartwatch as well.

I was wondering when they would enter the fray. I can't wait to see the crazy marketing campaigns all of these companies are about to unload on our faces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace

Nnep posted:

I've had mine for more or less 4 months now, I couldn't be happier that they've started carrying them at best buy since explaining kickstarter to people is both extremely awkward and exhausting.

Oh man, same here. As soon as I try to explain what kickstarter and crowd-sourcing/funding is their eyes glaze over and I might as well try explaining what nuclear fusion is to a termite.

• Locked thread