Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

TetsuoTW posted:

...but for $250 for a watch that (presumably) will still have all the connection problems, pitiful memory, and a complete lack of non-Latin character set support?

Every morning I wake up and see this notification from Smart News.

So if I wanna see what was just reported on from Asahi, I have to get my phone out to check. If they could just fix this, I would really love this device. Getting my (english) email notifications on my wrist so I don't have to take out my phone for every failed production build server error email is really handy. I also love being able to quickly change music tracks while I'm driving, rather that screwing around with my iPhone. I just need to get a new strap for it, because I'm in full agreement with the rest of the thread; the one it comes with is trash.

But not having more character sets is just annoying. I want to be able to see a notification without going "Oh, it's in Japanese, better get my phone out!"

I do like the look of the new model, but it's not enough to justify getting it until it actually does more. I like the pebble more than other smart-watches, but that's not saying much when the other ones are pretty poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

So now there is, finally, native support for Japanese and Korean on the Pebble. Sure, it's hacked together, but it actually works pretty well so far. The fonts look a bit strange, but seeing that I can now read nearly all notifications on the thing now makes it truly useful. If nothing else, it makes buying the Apple Watch less tempting for me, since that was one of the big drivers of me getting it.

I mean, I probably still will anyway, but it's not as necessary :v:.

You can get it here.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Calaveron posted:

Haven't even received my tracking number

Same. Considering all the other smartwatches I have (Read: Too many) I'm not that sad by not having it at this very moment. But still, I bought the loving thing, it would be nice to at least get some confirmation that it will come at some point.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost
Finally got my Time. It works. Installed a unofficial Japanese language pack so I could get notifications I could read. Having an always on screen is still nicer than the Apple Watch and my GWatch. The animations are cute, but makes it feel a little slower than the original to me. Feels nicer than my original Pebble. Nothing else to really say about it I guess :shrug:.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I can also say it's way more useful on Android than iOS.

Drastic Actions fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Jun 19, 2015

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Karthe posted:

Would you happen to have a link to that language pack? I was hoping for 1st-party support for the entirety of CJK (Chinese language support but no Japanese language support? :wtc:) so I'm kinda disappointed to hear that I have to go with something unofficial...but at this point anything is better than boxes.

これどうぞ~

• Locked thread