Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IuniusBrutus
Jul 24, 2010

I always wear a watch already anyways, and I don't like pulling my phone out at work. Is purchasing a pebble still A Dumb Idea? Or is it solid enough that I won't be upset by using mostly for just time and notifications?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IuniusBrutus
Jul 24, 2010

Awesome - what's the wait time looking for non-kickstarter orders for a black one? They seem...apprehensive...to give any firm timetable.

IuniusBrutus
Jul 24, 2010

Welp, I wanted a black one anyways, so I put a pre-order in. Maybe I'll get it before I get too impatient and pay double. :smithicide:

IuniusBrutus
Jul 24, 2010

I just bought a pebble, and to be 100% honest, I really like it.

The only real issue I have with it is that the plastic version looks like such utter poo poo compared to the metal one that it may as well not exist, and the metal one is just too expensive. I wear "nicer" watches everyday normally, and while I won't wear this out with my buddies or to anything formal, I would have zero issue wearing the steel version to work, running, etc. I much more reliably feel the vibration from the watch on my wrist then my phone vibrating, which also reduces the constant battery drain from turning the phone screen on and off.

That said, the standard version is definitely going back, and I can't see myself paying $250 for the steel when the Moto 360 is around the corner - If I can score a used one for around $175, I'll be good.

IuniusBrutus
Jul 24, 2010

Quick question: On my phone (2013 Moto X on both 4.4.4 and 5.1), my Pebble frequently (like...every couple hours, if not more) loses connection to my phone. It's done this with two different pebbles, a regular and a steel. Turning the Pebble off and then back on again fixes it. The phone doesn't have any issues with other bluetooth devices - I have it connected to either a portable speaker or my car frequently, and those maintain connection even when the Pebble loses it.

Any ideas?

IuniusBrutus
Jul 24, 2010

Droid Washington posted:

Happy rules and looks really good with the white Time.

Edit: if I were to buy a watchband that is labeled as compatible with Pebble Steel, would it work with my Pebble Time?

Nope.

The Pebble Time takes standard 22mm watchbands.

IuniusBrutus
Jul 24, 2010

I too would be interested in that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IuniusBrutus
Jul 24, 2010

Saw the Pebble Time in person at a Best Buy - many of the reviews seem like they were a little harsh, seeing as (to me) it looks and feels better than the Pebble Steel. Really happy with how thin it is, and the footprint. Might have to pick one up.

rear end Catchcum posted:

Google maps just pushes notifications why not just use that?

How? I've never had one come through on my watch.

IuniusBrutus fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Jul 25, 2015

• Locked thread