Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

I received a Time Steel as a gift and I love it so far. I like having custom watch faces, being able to check texts/time/weather on my wrist, and using the vibrating alarm instead of an audible one. The voice reply and canned response menu is a nice touch too. I haven't really delved into apps, yet, but some look really promising.

I asked for it instead of an Android Wear because I can't see myself wearing a watch that needs charging every night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

Try changing the watch face. A couple of my watch faces relied on Yahoo for weather and they suddenly stopped working.

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

My Time Steel started making a jingling noise when the motor turns on. Anyone hear this on theirs? What's my prognosis?

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

Haha, it actually stopped doing that after a day or so. I'll just pretend it's what you said.

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

Meh, it's been over two months and it's been behaving normally. Probably just a fluke or me hearing things.

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

I'm also here to pay my respects. Pebble was a good watch for many, my best watch, a watch I will always remember.

RIP Pebble [/fanboi]

In all seriousness, I'll be on the lookout for another watch with similar features and battery life, but I don't think I'm going to see one for a long time.

azurite fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Dec 1, 2016

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

One of the funniest things about the paid watch faces is that Pebble didn't create a way to charge for them and get a cut. They seem like they rely on third-party services for payment.

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

Never pledge to a Kickstarter.

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

Pledge to Kickstarters. Assume the project won't deliver. If you can't afford to lose your money, don't pledge. Assume the project will be late. You're not buying a product.

It's a gamble, and the incentives are tilted in the house's favor. I don't really enjoy gambling, but to each their own.

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

MikeJF posted:

Now that's just vindictive.

They must be reading the thread.

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

I was actually eyeing up Garmin watches. The battery life, weather, and notification features would probably be good enough for me. However, I think I'll be in a holding pattern until either my Pebble stops working or Fitbit makes a move, whichever happens first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

Although it wasn't headphones, my 5X was able to connect to my Pebble and car stereo simultaneously without problems.

• Locked thread