Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
I picked up the pebble classic on a whim today with a collection of gift cards for bestbuy. The watch body could have been just a bit smaller, as it feels a little long for my bird wrists.

It's nice though. Are there any killer apps you goons recommend? It seems like there's no shortage of pedometer/fitness apps, which don't really do much for me because all I do is walk around university.

Are there any apps which let me reply to a text message? Even if it's just a precanned "yeah/sure/sounds good" text?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Space Fish posted:

As the one-month owner of a Pebble Steel, I can say without reservation that the upgrade to the latest Timeline interface is completely worth it on older Pebbles, and you should get it if you haven't already. There are a few precanned responses you can already use to respond to texts, but I can't comment on better apps for doing so.
I've been rocking the TrekV3 watch face the most, I like seeing time/date/weather/battery all at once and in that cool Trek style. Being able to read and dismiss messages and emails from the wrist comes in handy, too.
Anyone with a Pebble Time Steel wanna tell me how great it is and increase my urge to splurge on an upgrade? Or is the basic Steel as good as it gets until next year's massive Black Friday discounts?

Thanks! I updated the software. Looks nice. Is the precanned responses thing an AT&T feature only? I can't find how to do it, but it may be because I have Verizon? :whitewater:

e: oh, im on iOS as well.

buglord fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Dec 29, 2015

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
I kinda wish my pebble did more. Not sure what I would want though. How do you guys incorporate your pebbles into your *~daily routines~*

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
This little icon on the taskbar is bothering me.

Whats this satellite icon looking icon to the left of the time? Googling has got me nowhere. It looks like GPS, but doesn't GPS just have an arrow icon?

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
Okay. Thanks. It was a bit confusing because I'm used to seeing the standard Bluetooth icon on my phone and the old version of pebble.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
After owning this for about 10 days, I think I can get behind the Pebble classic. Battery life is pretty amazing, and it handled a crowded amusement park for a few days just fine. It's a pretty legit and natural extension to my iPhone.

On one hand I sort of wish I upgraded to the Steel, but I do like that I can be fairly rough with this watch. It wouldn't kill my wallet spending another $70 if I somehow broke or lost the watch.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
After a couple of months with the Pebble classic, I still feel weirdly mixed about it. If I somehow lost it tomorrow, I couldn't say whether or not i'd buy another. Also, i've never been a watch person.

Its cool having a calendar displayed along with the time, having the built in timer, the text notifications and music controls, but it all feels like the functionality is more luxury than utility. The app store is kind of underwhelming for me too, but maybe that's me leading a boring life not needing ESPN updates or Uber lifts. Still waiting on Verizon to allow SMS replies as that would be an immediately useful feature to me.

The reason I still wear it 24/7 is the battery life and the ability to shower with it on. At the end of the day its another electronic to take care of, but at least its incredibly low maintenance.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
Oh my god. I can finally send back canned messages on my pebble. (IOS + Verizon)

Purchase redeemed. :yaycloud:

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
Mine only clear when I check out the respective notification on the phone.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
Time for a nautically appropriate thread title change?

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
Has there been any story on how it all broke down internally?

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

Krispy Kareem posted:

Pebble: the end of the Timeline.

I think this is favorite here. I only spent 20 dollars for my Pebble Classic because I had so many Best Buy giftcards. I feel burned because I've only had the watch for a year. I cant imagine what those who threw down hundreds are feeling :smith:

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

Lord Lambeth posted:

I guess I didn't lose much on this because the Time 2 would have been my first pebble but man did I love the idea of this little machine.

My Pebble Classic worked as well in practice as I had expected. I've scuffed it, scratched it against walls, shower with it almost always, only charge it once a week. It's pretty nice to forget it's there 90% of the time its on you. I'm not sure if I'm ready to have premium smartphone price and fragility on my wrist yet, so I'm hoping theres other options for "abusable smartwatch".

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
My Fitbit Charge HR 2 is okay for reading messages. The mega small screen works as much as you'd expect it to for reading messages. Like 3O said, don't expect it as a replacement for a smartwatch (or the pebble even).

I wouldnt say quality control leaves something to be desired. It has a much more ritzy feel than my Pebble classic. But the software is designed for a different audience, so seriously dont go in expecting otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
I left my pebble, bought a Fitbit, then went back to wearing my pebble classic again after 3 months because man its good. Screen is already going bonkers at the 1 year mark though. Tide me over until a suitable replacement comes, little guy :smith:

• Locked thread