Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frumpsnake
Jan 30, 2001

The sad part is, he wasn't always evil.
I've had mine since February. It's gotten quite a bit better since then, but the implementation still leaves a lot to be desired IMO, but being able to read texts and control music is quite handy. It's actually at its most useful notifying me of incoming calls when I've taken my phone out of my pocket and forgot to take it off silent.

I haven't had any real problems with scratches. At one time I thought I had scratched it pretty badly but after a good clean it disappeared. It's not spotless but it's much harder to pick up than little scuffs than, say, the low resolution of the e-ink display. I do wish it was significantly higher res.

Notifications on iOS needs a lot of work. I've had absolutely no problems with missing notifications or anything on standard iOS stuff, but 3rd party apps are a pain in the rear end. They work, but only if you a) pair the Pebble, b) select the app in notification centre, c) select a different notification style (eg. Banners instead of Alerts), and then d) set it back to what you actually want. If/when your Pebble loses connectivity, you have to do it all over again for each app.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread