Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

updated watches with heart rate monitoring plus a little button thing?

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...pebble_homepage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

theyre releasing a new version of wear soon so probably best to wait yea

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

CLAM DOWN posted:

Should I contact Pebble or Kickstarter customer service? I'm on Android, what's the best smartwatch for me?

Android wear is basically your only option and pretty much none of them offer an always on display while not needing to be charged daily. There's basically nothing comparable on the market from what I've seen and I am very unhappy about this

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Trusting Google to be competent is a fool's errand

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Worse than Android but better than before

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

If you have a basic understanding of coding you can pinch code form other faces for whatever you want to do and it's not that complicated. If not it's probably going to be difficult

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Don Lapre posted:

They announced no refunds. They spent the kickstarter money and more on development.

Yea no refunds or warranty support. Owned

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Krispy Kareem posted:

Pebble: the end of the Timeline.

This one is good. Got my pebble classic last May and it's developed the screen tearing issue. Had planned on purchasing either a time or time round, guess not now! Got a mi band 2 instead, at least if it gets abandoned I'm only out 20 bucks. Oh well, :rip:

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

gschmidl posted:

Yeah, agreed, although I would prefer to be able to set alarms/timers directly on the watch.

I got a mi band 2 and it does the majority of what I need but this is a huge thing that it lacks. You can set them through the phone but ugh

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Yep

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Yea Kickstarter can work when a competent company is using it. Unfortunately that doesn't describe Pebble

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I used a pebble classic with bt headphones a bunch with no problems so I'd say it's abnormal

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I just bought a cheap metal band off Amazon and it has lasted a year and a half

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

That's garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I dunno how they acquired both pebble and vector and then put out a piece of garbage like that

• Locked thread