Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
amiantos
Oct 19, 2012
In response to irate people laughing at the Best Buy thing:

While Pebble was working out manufacturing difficulties for the other Kickstarter colors, they allowed the manufacturing process to run black and red pebbles so they could do this Best Buy thing. Doing the Best Buy thing has in no way impacted or slowed the process of building Kickstarter Pebbles in the other colors. One of the Pebble guys was asked this in the forums and answered.

If you're a black/red pre-order and haven't gotten yours yet, it's safe to imagine that Best Buy was a guy ahead of you in queue. I pre-ordered a red soon as they opened up pre-orders and I got shipping confirmation the same day they announced pre-orders. Naturally as a guy wearing a Pebble right now I am predisposed not to be upset, but I am generally an understanding/accepting guy who makes excuses on behalf of other, silent people.

I saw a comment from a guy outraged that his RMA'd Pebble might not say "Kickstarter Edition" on the back, and I can only imagine how much rage he would feel if he knew my red pre-order says "Kickstarter Edition" while his replacement might not. How dare Pebble not hold back KS Edition pebbles to fill RMAs with! How will people know how cool I am if my pebble doesn't say it on the back!? etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amiantos
Oct 19, 2012

smackfu posted:

Is there any way to get the iPhone to not think that Pebble can play audio? It seems to want to send Siri to it which doesn't work and makes Siri lovely.

Nobody answered this because there doesn't appear to be a real solution. Sometimes it's fine. Sometimes it's not. The Pebble twitter account misunderstood something I told them and thought I was asking about this, they said: it usually works fine after you wait for the first long microphone to trigger. Or something. Nothing but not paying attention to it has solved my problems.

amiantos
Oct 19, 2012
I have severe rainbowing on my Pebble depending on the time of day, pictured:

https://twitter.com/amiantos/status/344234321793671169

It's ridiculous. But they tell me it's normal. So I'm not upset. I love my Pebble. It only happens in the afternoon really, guess it depends on the angle of the sun. The watch is tilted extremely in that picture but depending on the sun it shows up just looking at the watch full on. Depending on the watchface it can be so bad it's hard to tell the time.

I only bring it up because despite my love of my Pebble I know this sort of thing isn't "Apple quality". Steve Jobs wouldn't let a screen that does this "normally" go into production. People who hate the screen because of it's imperfections aren't necessarily wrong. I don't seem to suffer from the "mura effect", but sometimes I look at my watch and it looks like an oily puddle.

amiantos
Oct 19, 2012
The few times I have had anything other than text notifications going to my Pebble it has been really annoying. At-a-glance info is one thing but my wrist vibrating with every bit of email I get was just too much.

My fear is that in iOS 7 they fix it so all notifcations go to the Pebble but it'll be impossible to stop them from going to the watch without disabling lock screen notifications completely.

amiantos
Oct 19, 2012
I got a Jawbone Up24 and it wants to be on the same wrist as my Pebble, which looks weird... so I thought about what I use my Pebble for, and it's mostly just in my car, so I attached it to the center of my steering wheel where a nicer car would have music controls... so now I do! Plus I can see my notifications much easier while I am driving.

I think for $150 a bluetooth miniature screen for controlling music and seeing your phone notifications on your steering wheel isn't a total wash...

• Locked thread