Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
Are they planning on making the face out of Glass so it doesn't scratch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

smackfu posted:

It's not clear what Pebble is using. It's probably some type of reflective LCD, like their old model, which I wouldn't call e-ink. It's low-power, as opposed to no-power like a Kindle.

Transflective!

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

AFewBricksShy posted:

Pebble Time Steel is now on the kickstarter page too, for $265 including shipping.

I still think I might go with the white or red one, even though I like the smaller bezel. I just don't know that it's worth another $75

If the plastic one doesn't have a glass screen and the steel does then thats worth it to me.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Is the backlight still blue tinted?

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

How I'd the black time compared to the old steel. Best buy near me already has an open box for $154

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Got the openbox pebble time black for $140. So far so good. Its more comfortable than the OG steel for sure and the rubber strap is pretty nice. Said "scratches" on the label but none to be found.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Target has the pebble time on clearance at some stores for $99.98

DCPI
057-03-0127

Inventory checker
http://marketplaces.fyndly.com/target/tools/inventory/check.html

Found one store @ 80 miles from me with the price.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

http://gizmodo.com/pebble-time-round-is-a-smartwatch-for-people-who-dont-l-1731804422?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=pulsenews

Official

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Bobalbmi posted:

I sorta feel bad for the smart strap developers who just had all of their work thrown into the garbage. I actually kickstarted these guys (http://www.pagare.me/) wonder if I'll see a refund?

Does anyone have any idea what "Pebble functionality or service quality may be reduced in the future." would mean? Are we talking timeline, app store or the weather kinda thing going down in the near future? My Pebble Time Round is fantastic, but I'm wondering if it would make any sense at all to buy some super discounted Pebble 2 in the future. I don't have an issue if I can download the apps I want early and just use it for those and telling time/receiving notifications.

They announced no refunds. They spent the kickstarter money and more on development.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Kickfarted

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Toalpaz posted:

I literally ordered a pebble two from best-buy the day before they announced this and I unpackaged it today to come to see this. I like this watch but I don't fancy it bricking when IOs updates. Should I try and get a refund? like I like it but how long will it be wearable...?

Goons what now?

Return it. There is no warranty and no guarantee servers will stay on.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Dali Parton posted:

Has there been any story on how it all broke down internally?

Someone looked at the checking account and saw it was empty and then looked at the list of poo poo to order and realized there was no more cash.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Maybe they are running out of cash

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Get a time machine and stop donating your money to companies on kickstarter.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Whitlam posted:

My Round (which I got about a month ago)

Most stores have holiday returns till jan 31 so atleast you can probably return it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

CLAM DOWN posted:

That's not true, a lot of banks/credit cards in a lot of countries will absolutely do a chargeback for poo poo like this, gently caress Kickstarter, their terms of service don't override consumer rights.

What consumer rights? You didn't buy anything through kickstarter. You donated money to a company in the hopes you would get a gift at the end.

• Locked thread