Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

The Throwback Kid posted:

Does anyone know if you can have it matched to multiple phones at the same time? I have an iPhone for work and an android for personal use and being able to see notifications from both at any given time would be awesome. Also I take it the Bluetooth range is such that I can be a room or two away and still receive updates to my watch and it doesn't stop working completely if out of range of a phone? My other question is I can switch the band to something like a nato band with minimal hassle?

Not sure on the first two but they designed the watch face so that you could easily change out the band.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

I think it depends on when you pre-ordered too. I think most people that are getting their pebble now pre-ordered last year.

I was an idiot and didn't back this because I had a Windows Phone. Now I'm on Android and backed it around March so I probably have a long wait still :(

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

I pre ordered a black 4 months ago. Kind of annoying they are sending them to Best Buy now instead of people who have been waiting forever. I can't really complain though because this means I can go buy one on Sunday.

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

kitten smoothie posted:

Good luck. I believe it was up in the Pebble forum thread I linked a few posts ago where someone said their local Best Buy had been allocated two or three. So if every store only gets a handful, it's going to go fast, especially when there's a ton of people who have waited months in the preorder queue only to effectively be told to go piss up a rope and go to Best Buy.

I ended up ordering one online, should be here next week. I just checked and looks like they're sold out now. I'm sure ebay will get flooded with best buy pebbles so prices should go down to reasonable levels for anyone who can't buy one at Best Buy.

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

Don't forget they were only planning on making 1,000 of these. They ended up getting 85,000 orders on KS and another 100,000 preorders. Best Buy will hopefully help alleviate some of their problems.

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

I ordered during the first round and it went out Wednesday and should be here Monday. I also read that some Best Buys are selling them already. It might be worth it to check out some stores today if you want one. I'm sure stores only got a few units each.

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

I've been reading online that a bunch of people have scratched or dinged their pebble. I bought a few screen protectors from Gagetwraps. Besides the normal protectors that cover either the body and/or face of the watch, they also have a bunch of different colors and styles like wood, matte, metal, neon, etc. Could be good if you didn't really want black and would rather have a color. I bought a clear one and a few colors in case I get bored of black.

mcpringles fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Jul 9, 2013

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

It asked you to put the time in because it wasn't connected to your phone obviously. I had to hit back when it tried to update and then connect to the pebble with the app. After that I was able to initiate the update and everything went smoothly.

I don't have a problem with the buttons but I agree the screen isn't the greatest.

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

SirSigma posted:

I was absolutely dead set on getting the Cherry Red until I saw this. Now I'm leaving my options open a bit. There's no way in hell I'm going to use a Pebble with no screen protection anyway.

Yeah those are pretty awesome. I bought a red, blue, green and clear one.

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

Yeah its common for there to be a little glue on the sides unfortunately.

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

What apps were you expecting? Runkeeper and Golfcaddie were both released and there are a few games and other 3rd party apps.

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

I don't see why anyone would want to see missed calls, SMS count and email count. You see all of those when they come in through your watch, so whats the point? The other features are neat though.

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

TetsuoTW posted:

So iPhone users, does your Pebble actually stay consistently connected to your phone? Because mine and my Android phone seem to just completely forget about each other all the loving time for no apparent reason and with no notification. Thankfully Augmented Smartwatch will usually work to reconnect it but it seems hosed that basic functionality needs a third-party app to unfuck it.

Not sure what augmented smartwatch is but some watchfaces have a built in disconnect notifier. I haven't really had a problem on my HTC One but I'm probably lucky.

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

Did they say how thin the watch is compared to the original?

I don't always wear mime because it's too thick to wear with a standard dress shirt. I'd rather have a steel one, especially if I could use it better with dress shirts. I don't think I'd pay $250 for one though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

Did anyone on android download the appstore/2.0 beta? Not sure if I should wait for the official version or how long off that might be.

• Locked thread