Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
Was able to pick up the Pebble 2 SE at Target for $65 but I'm having issues with the watch disconnecting from my Pixel periodically. Whether it's over time after being idle or I walk too far, it takes forever for it to reconnect and it seems to require me to bring up the Pebble app on my Pixel to get it working. It then prompts me with a "allow this app to turn on bluetooth?" message despite the fact that I leave Bluetooth on indefinitely.

Anyone have any similar issues?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

Jacobus Spades posted:

I occasionally have disconnects for similar reasons but the watch will reconnect as soon as I unlock my phone (though occasionally it does take opening the app if the watch and phone have been separated for hours).

Is the pebble app whitelisted for Doze?

That's what I had read elsewhere, disabled it for now and we'll see how that works.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
Didn't have an effect, I left my phone plugged in over night just a few feet away from my watch and it still disconnected and failed to reconnect. I've had to re-pair them every morning and anytime I bring my watch outside my Pixels range. Such a bummer.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
Switched over to an iPhone 6S and now all of my connection problems went away, imagine that.

Also, the Pebble Time series is on sale at Woot: http://electronics.woot.com/offers/pebble-time-smartwatch-ios-android-compatible-39?ref=w_gh_el_2_s_txt

$35 for Time, $65 for Time Round, $65 for the Time Steel

• Locked thread