Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Is there any way to get the iPhone to not think that Pebble can play audio? It seems to want to send Siri to it which doesn't work and makes Siri lovely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

amiantos posted:

Nobody answered this because there doesn't appear to be a real solution. Sometimes it's fine. Sometimes it's not. The Pebble twitter account misunderstood something I told them and thought I was asking about this, they said: it usually works fine after you wait for the first long microphone to trigger. Or something. Nothing but not paying attention to it has solved my problems.

Thanks for the info. Seems strange but my guess is that it is related to how you can change music tracks from the watch, so it probably acts like a head unit / speaker.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

It is what it is. I'd rather they release the SDK and new app than not. They could have just walked away at this point.

Personally, I think the orange is a bit too much to actually wear, but that's my fault, not Pebble's.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Slanderer posted:

Is this gonna be the first commercial color e-paper/e-ink device? Looking it up, I never realized that the Qualcomm Toq watch actually came out in 2013, but I'm not sure if the IMOD display counts as "e-paper".

It's not clear what Pebble is using. It's probably some type of reflective LCD, like their old model, which I wouldn't call e-ink. It's low-power, as opposed to no-power like a Kindle.

• Locked thread