Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
Did a bunch of research into smartwatches in the Spring, and threw a Pebble Time on my Christmas list and my wife got me one yesterday.

Really sucks to hear they're shutting down, but I like the watch and it sounds like it'll keep working for all the basic features, so I'm not going to return it.

I really wanted something with an always on screen that was rugged and I could take out for long weekends hiking or camping or whatever and not have to worry about charging. No interest in a smart watch with a 24 hour charge that I have to shake everytime I want to check the time.

What a disappointment. Guess I'll run this little thing till it breaks and see if any other e-ink watch has hit the market at that point and if not I'll just go back to an old fashioned dumb watch. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread