Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
It's possible that Pebble just ran out of money in which case you are probably poo poo out of luck with a chargeback you agreed to Kickstarters you might just be hosed terms of service.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Lord Lambeth posted:

I got a 50 dollar off deal in my email for a fitbit. I'm tempted but I hear the quality control leaves something to be desired on these things.

I'm really, really happy with my Fitbit Charge 2nd generation. That said, it's not a smart watch replacement.

If you were thinking about getting a really good fitness/sleep tracker buy it, it's a good deal, just don't think it will replace your Pebble.

edit: Wow, they are extending this way back, I received the promo and I have only owned the original Pebble. I might pick up another one for a gift/resale. That is a solid $25 discount on the Charge HR 2 or Fitbit Flex 2 which is really decent. Might just pick up the Flex 2 for pool season.

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Feb 18, 2017

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

It came out today that Fitbit paid $23M for Pebble.

http://www.businessinsider.com/fitbit-bought-pebble-for-23-million-2017-2

quote:

A source close to the company told TechCrunch that watch maker Citizen was interested in purchasing Pebble for $740 million in 2015. This deal failed and before the launch of the Pebble 2 Intel made an offer for $70 million. The CEO, Eric Migicovsky refused both offers. Our source said that Fitbit is now paying between $34 and $40 million for the company and is “barely covering their debts.”

https://techcrunch.com/2016/11/30/fitbit-pebble/

:aaaaa:

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

speedtek posted:

Thanks for the heads up! My wife has been thinking of getting something to track steps and she figured for $42 shipped this would be great!

I suppose it is late to ask this but did Pebble ever get step tracking working right? It was always rubbish for me, worse than Android Wear which was last time I bothered to try it, useless.

In related news Fitbit's smartwatch has "leaked":

No apps at launch but maybe some Pebble stuff made it in.

• Locked thread