Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005
Grimey Drawer
So after all the first-gen android wear and apple stuff... I'm using a Pebble Steel for the foreseeable future.

Although it will be nice to have Android Wear eventually, I prefer the week-long+ battery life and smaller form factor to enhanced functionality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005
Grimey Drawer
I'm sad it isn't smaller and sexier than the Pebble Time.

That's one of the reasons I really like the current Pebble Steel, I was waiting to see what would come of a new version but I almost certainly won't upgrade now.

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005
Grimey Drawer
I actually have both a used pebble and pebble steel sitting around doing nothing - if you pay for shipping, I'll drop them in the mail.

PM me if interested, will likely take me a day or two to follow up.

E: both are black

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005
Grimey Drawer

The Kins posted:

Blog Post Update On What Happens Next

To summarise: All the current Pebble services will run as they currently do "through 2017". "In the coming months" the mobile apps will be updated to decrease the reliance on :yayclod: (so watches will keep working once services eventually discontinue) and adjust Pebble Health to feed directly into the app and OS-level services like HealthKit. The third party-reliant stuff like weather services are up in the air.

They're making the best of it, the devices won't last forever & hopefully fitbit will start making decent watches before the servers get shut down.

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005
Grimey Drawer
My biggest issue is I don't think I'm gonna find something with the form factor of the pebble time round for a looooooooooooong time.

I don't care about features, i don't care about having a smartwatch with a touchscreen or gps or wireless radios or whatever the gently caress. i was just so happy to have a smartwatch that had a 24/7 wearable form factor like a normal, small profile watch:

https://www.amazon.com/Braun-BN0032...rds=braun+watch

• Locked thread