Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

SyRauk posted:

I pre-ordered mine back in August and my estimation was March and then pushed back to late May. It's now late May and their orders shipped status has yet to be updated afaik. I am not an original kickstarter backer.

Also, does anyone know about the Spotify question I posted earlier? On whether or not the tracks can be changed with the watch?

You can download the pebble app from google play and in its settings under "Music" it'll show all the music related apps you have installed that it can control. I don't have spotify installed so I couldn't tell you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

IuniusBrutus posted:

I always wear a watch already anyways, and I don't like pulling my phone out at work. Is purchasing a pebble still A Dumb Idea? Or is it solid enough that I won't be upset by using mostly for just time and notifications?

I loving love mine for time, notifications, and most importantly music control.

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

I preordered in January.

Then, I got impatient and bought one off ebay.

I got this email today.

pebble email posted:

Great news! Pebble pre-orders have started shipping!
The first batch of Pebble pre-orders began shipping to our earliest pre-order customers last week and we'll continue shipping as quickly as we can.

What does that mean for your pre-order?
As inventory becomes available, we'll email the next pre-orders in line to confirm order details including order quantity, color selection and shipping address. Since we did not collect payment at the time your pre-order was placed, you'll also be able to submit payment for your order.

Once your order is confirmed, you will be able to track the fulfillment process.

If you decide you no longer want your Pebble, no action is required. Simply disregard this email.

We expect that it will take several months through the summer to deliver Pebbles to all pre-order customers. If you don't get your order confirmation email from us right away, don't worry! You will hear from us when your Pebble is ready to ship.

We want to get Pebble on your wrist as fast as we can! Tons of amazing watchapps have already been created and Pebble just keeps getting better.

RunKeeper, the popular fitness app, is now available for Pebble so you can track time, pace and distance right on your wrist.

And the challenging 7-minute workout by Alex Kennberg is also now available for Pebble.

Golfers can use the FreeCaddie range finder with Pebble to gauge distance to the hole at over 28,000 courses.

Tap into what's happening in the Pebble community and check out the latest watchface development on sites like mypebblefaces.com
Thanks for your support! We're looking forward to hearing what you think of Pebble!

Team Pebble

Still have questions? Visit our support center for more information.

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

kitten smoothie posted:

I put in a $0 pre-order for a black model a week and a half ago. I take it that if they have enough stock to put these things on Best Buy shelves on Sunday, that they'd be offering to sell me mine soon?

I was assuming production was backlogged till kingdom come, given they quoted absolutely nothing in the way of ship dates.

For what it's worth, I still haven't heard back from them and I preordered black in January.

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

Jingleheimer posted:

after about 6 hours the screen goes out.

Just checking the obvious here, but I know when I got mine the battery was quite low. Is it charged?

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

sirbeefalot posted:

For those that have changed it out, can you replace it yourself or did you have to take it to a jeweler/watch shop?

It's very easy to do yourself.

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

They put the "2.0" update out for Android. Runs pretty well.

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

Three Olives posted:

I've switched over to Google Wear for the most part now, I still use the Pebble for working out but I remain extremely happy with the Pebble and if you are on iOS it is an incredibly solid buy that keeps getting better and better.

Similarly, my LG G watch is currently my daily driver, but my Pebble remains my "Golf Watch". I still miss a few elements of my pebble (it's much more efficient at controlling music).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

I got a solid week out of a charge on my pebble, but reduced by a day for every 18 holes I golfed with it.

• Locked thread