Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Sailing The Seven Seas Searching For Scurvy

Black_Plague22 posted:

Oh, and the permanent notification drawer icon is annoying too, and totally worthless. It lets you know when your Pebble is connected and disconnected... Except sometimes your Pebble is "connected" when nothing is going through and you have to cycle Bluetooth on and off. If it was a single toast that I could easly swipe away that would be nice, but I don't need to know the status of my Pebble 24/7.

That's more of an Android OS issue than Pebble design. Stuff that has an icon on the notification bar has higher status and is a lot less likely to be killed to free up memory. They stick it there to make sure their app stays running. Tasker does the same thing, though they have a transparent icon so you don't have to actually look at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

SpelledBackwards posted:

drat, my replacement Pebble classic also has screen garbling issues like my original. Looks like I'm contacting customer service again.

Really? drat. I finally opened a ticket about my Kickstarted classic with that issue. I was hoping they fixed that poo poo like a year ago. I guess we'll see if I even get a replacement for mine since it's so old.

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

PirateDentist posted:

Really? drat. I finally opened a ticket about my Kickstarted classic with that issue. I was hoping they fixed that poo poo like a year ago. I guess we'll see if I even get a replacement for mine since it's so old.

Quotin' myself since Pebble just processed the RMA and I have a new one headed my way. :) Solid customer service so far.

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

I got my new warranty Pebble in and it's amazing how different it is from the KS edition. The buttons aren't mushy and they have a nice click to them, the BT connection seems much quicker to repair and less likely to drop off. (This is on the same software version as well) And of course the screen actually works now.

I noticed the back now has torx screws holding it on. I wonder if it's possible to open it up without totally destroying it now. Not that I'm going too, but if I ever want to attempt a repair when there's no warranty.

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Welp the warranty classic I got that replaced my kickstarted one due to the graphic glitch has now ALSO developed the same problem. :argh: It didn't even have any rough treatment, I was extra careful with this one.

• Locked thread