Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
The line for the Blumhouse house in HHN2022 was the Fast and the Furious queue and it was so long and boring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
Yeah, they closed disaster back when for exactly the same reason. The reality is they’ll never put a house in an active show building, they’d have to drop an attraction for basically the entire summer season to build it out.

e: they could use the old nick/bmg soundstages or part of it, I dunno how much room Grinchmas takes up or if they’ll even do that this year. Definitely room for two houses in there if it’s actually empty and there’s probably enough room to build at least one queue.

Coasterphreak fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Apr 6, 2024

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Last year they had five houses in the various soundstages. There actually is room for more, as each soundstage can hold two houses. The problem is queue space. With five they are basically maxed out for queue space as well as entrance/exit paths.

SweetMercifulCrap! fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Apr 6, 2024

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

Last year they had five houses in the various soundstages. There actually is room for more, as each soundstage can hold two houses. The problem is queue space. With five they are basically maxed out for queue space as well as entrance/exit paths.

Yeah. There's no physical park capacity for 12 and they'll never do the split of tossing it in IOA again since it gives people who don't do horror nights somewhere to go (assuming they didn't close the park at 5 for a private event like they love to do). Kid Zone construction caused chaos on the queues last year so this year it should be a bit better. You can see the pathways to the backstage areas are there, which is nice.

CapnAndy posted:

The line for the Blumhouse house in HHN2022 was the Fast and the Furious queue and it was so long and boring.

It's always a bad queue in both design and wait, though HHN queues are rarely ever interesting because they're temporary. I just find that whole area so disinteresting and I cannot wait for them to put literally anything else there.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Saw a video of the Mando Star tours and lol they couldn’t get Pedro

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Maybe once Epic opens they can afford to expand HHN across both IOA and Studios.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

Zero One posted:

Maybe once Epic opens they can afford to expand HHN across both IOA and Studios.

nope, IOA becomes a construction zone, literally pack up the tools and move down the street.

if they move HHN anywhere, it'll be EU in a few years because there's loads of expansion pads they can build semipermanent structures on.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Coasterphreak posted:

nope, IOA becomes a construction zone, literally pack up the tools and move down the street.

if they move HHN anywhere, it'll be EU in a few years because there's loads of expansion pads they can build semipermanent structures on.

Studios will be a construction zone before IOA does. That park needs a lot of work and a lot of love.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
There are a few reasons HHN will never be in/partly in IOA again:

- requiring shutting down both parks early.
- licensing issues with the lands. For this reason I don't really see it moving to Epic either, especially since Epic itself will be a huge draw for a while. USF is much easier for overlaying horror theming.
- IOA has far less space to set up queues and houses.
- IOA mostly has very narrow walkways and can't handle the capacity that HHN necessitates these days. In fact, the capacity of Studios is higher during HHN than during normal day operation due to how huge and plentiful the house queues are.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
I could see them using Epic to do a family friendly Halloween Party similar to Disneys, since there is far more kid friendly stuff going on (minus Dark Universe)

I don't think we'll ever see HHN go to another park besides Studios because it's just a logistical nightmare. Studios itself is becoming a bit of a nightmare, but it seems like they might build more Sprung Tents to make up for it. I hope if they do that they create a portal entrance to that area and let you come and go as you please like Hollywood with the backlot, because constantly going out that long-rear end exit to ET is a PAIN IN THE rear end

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I know the answer is "it's always busy now" but is there any noticeable spike around Columbus Day at Disney?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That day is blocked out for the 2 lowest passes, which is usually a good sign that it's a high traffic day.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Tim Whatley posted:

I know the answer is "it's always busy now" but is there any noticeable spike around Columbus Day at Disney?

Yes. Every single "three day weekend" holiday creates a noticeable spike in the Orlando park crowds.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

Akileese posted:

Studios will be a construction zone before IOA does. That park needs a lot of work and a lot of love.

The reason I say IOA is because Lost Continent is literally a giant Coca-Cola stand, a spitting fountain, and a mediocre restaurant that was last good fifteen years ago. They’re clearly preparing to do something with it. (Zelda)

In studios, the next big attraction will be in Hollywood where the makeup show was because the employee building occupies the space right behind it and afaik all of that is going to the ginormous new building at EU, likely before the end of the year.

Also worth noting is there’s a ton of backstage space behind LC, including what is presumably the admin building for one if not both parks.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Tim Whatley posted:

That reminds me. Do the kids in SoCal get Election Day off in November? I am headed there then. Not sure if I should spend the day at the pool, head to UH, or hit Knottsberry.

Never been to Knottsberry before. If I wanted to knock out all the good poo poo that time of year, would I need their fast pass or whatever they call it?

edit: I guess I'll add this too.

I'd like to hit up UH and Knottsberry while I'm there. I figure UH on Sunday and Knotts on a weekday. My logic is that UH is less a pain to drive to on Sunday than during the week. The downside of course is it would be more crowded, but I suspect it would still be manageable that time of year. Good idea or bad idea?

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Apr 7, 2024

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Coasterphreak posted:

The reason I say IOA is because Lost Continent is literally a giant Coca-Cola stand, a spitting fountain, and a mediocre restaurant that was last good fifteen years ago. They’re clearly preparing to do something with it. (Zelda)
Did they close that gloriously cheesy walk-through show?

oh no my trusted vizier LORD MALEVOLOUS betrayed me, how unforseeable

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

CapnAndy posted:

Did they close that gloriously cheesy walk-through show?

oh no my trusted vizier LORD MALEVOLOUS betrayed me, how unforseeable

Yup.

e: I think they genuinely wanted another year or two out of it, but it had hit EOL and it was broken enough that there was no point in fixing something they’re already gonna knock down.

Which I agree with.

They should leave whoever thought that up in the building when the shovels start.

Coasterphreak fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Apr 7, 2024

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

I made a fancy focaccia today. The decoration got a little too much color but I think it looks pretty cool.

Shoot, wrong thread. But hey, enjoy my masterpiece.

Braksgirl fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Apr 7, 2024

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
Nice!

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Some of the toppings look a little like Mickey heads I guess

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Some of the toppings look a little like Mickey heads I guess

hidden mickeys everywhere

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared

Anya posted:

Make the riverboat be the home of the evil lady from The Rescuers

Having Tianna's Bayou Adventure so close to Devil's Bayou, La. (where Rescuers happened) would be pretty cool

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
The riverboat is IMO the biggest "hidden gem" of MK please don't IP it up

I try to convince people all the time to ride it because it's the best possible escape from the crowds and unwinding on a crowded afternoon. It's really soothing and relaxing. No one ever believes me and they always skip it.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

The riverboat is IMO the biggest "hidden gem" of MK please don't IP it up

I try to convince people all the time to ride it because it's the best possible escape from the crowds and unwinding on a crowded afternoon. It's really soothing and relaxing. No one ever believes me and they always skip it.

If you talk to people with a service dog, please tell them to make sure to bring hearing protection for their dog on the boat. that horn is loud as gently caress and I was so glad we had mutt muffs with us.

That said, it really is a fantastic ride and it's a great way to just sit down for a while.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
Braks I support bread pics

I think hidden references around the riverboat would be fun. Doesn’t have to scream IP to host some villainy

Caught the eclipse from the path of totality and that was a truly awesome experience.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Has anyone been to Gartner before? Just got invited for work, booked Caribbean Beach for $140 a night :smug:

Hoping I can get out of things around 4 or 5 each day and take a chill trip to the parks, since we have our regular trip like 3 weeks later anyway.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

DAS is getting a work over, which is a good thing. DFB has some basic info but there will be more per disney in the next couple of weeks. The biggest bestest part is that they're extending DAS to 120 days instead of having to renew every 60.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

DAS is getting a work over, which is a good thing. DFB has some basic info but there will be more per disney in the next couple of weeks. The biggest bestest part is that they're extending DAS to 120 days instead of having to renew every 60.

Also looks like capping party size at 4 (including the registered user) except for immediate family.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

The kind of people who abuse that program are just gonna say all 12 people are immediate family

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

alg posted:

The kind of people who abuse that program are just gonna say all 12 people are immediate family

MDE should prevent that I'd imagine

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

alg posted:

Yeah, haven't had the time yet to really read into the changes, but from what I've heard, it sounds like they've just created different ways to scam it rather than cut down on the scamming.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Coasterphreak posted:

In studios, the next big attraction will be in Hollywood where the makeup show was because the employee building occupies the space right behind it and afaik all of that is going to the ginormous new building at EU, likely before the end of the year.

Also worth noting is there’s a ton of backstage space behind LC, including what is presumably the admin building for one if not both parks.

I understand the logic and don't disagree with you for what it's worth. They have two humongous theaters that have been abandoned for ages, and the now empty PF building. IOA is my favorite park, but it has way too much dead space right now. With that said, all the rumors point to Studios related work being next up. I can't remember what is and isn't from the Theme Park Stop patreon, so I don't want to be too specific, but I know one of the big rumors for Inside Universal was a Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit replacement coming next year that's Fast and Furious (not a hollywood clone) Intamin controlled spin coaster. You compound that with the Simpsons license expiring in 2028 and the rumors of that land closing sooner rather than later, and the upshot of a F&F coaster at UO would be Supercharged almost certainly getting the death shot for something new. There's going to be a lot of work happening at both those parks over the next 3-4 years. By 2028, Studios is going to look like a wildly different park than right now.

Akileese fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Apr 9, 2024

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.
Would anyone know why fantasmic dining packages are not available at the sixty day our mark? Disney online help hasn’t been very well helpful lol.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Disappointing Pie posted:

Would anyone know why fantasmic dining packages are not available at the sixty day our mark? Disney online help hasn’t been very well helpful lol.

Disneyland or Hollywood studios?

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Disneyland or Hollywood studios?

Hollywood Studios!

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Disappointing Pie posted:

Hollywood Studios!

I'd say call Disney dining reservations right fast. It's entirely possible there's just a glitch.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Just fyi, there are room discounts and free dining for Disney Visa cardholders for summer.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Akileese posted:

Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit replacement

What? That is my single favorite ride in Universal Studios. Why would they replace it? Mother of god, get rid of Transformers, Spiderman, or some other bullshit screen ride. Hell, refurb Men In Black so that you can actually tell where you’re shooting or if you hit the target.

Circutron
Apr 29, 2006
We are confident that the Islamic logic, culture, and discourse can prove their superiority in all fields over all schools of thought and theories.
EDIT: I think I was wrong here, nevermind!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Grundulum posted:

Mother of god, get rid of Transformers, Spiderman,

Blood will run in the streets, promise