Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."

Arquinsiel posted:

Travelling around Disney is loving great. When I visited first at 12 years old the parks started on the ferry boat across from the TTC. I'd almost go so far as to say they started at the trams from the parking lot, but those aren't quite so universal.

My dream job is driving the small boats on the WL <> MK route.

I do not know how to pilot a boat, but I’ll learn for that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Bottom Liner posted:

I remember hearing that V&As wasn't eligible because it was part of a park/resort? Did that change?

It wasn’t its status as a resort restaurant, it’s just that Michelin didn’t do their full guide with stars for Florida before this year. In the US they generally stuck to the major cities (LA/NY/Chicago) until recently.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Arquinsiel posted:

Travelling around Disney is loving great. When I visited first at 12 years old the parks started on the ferry boat across from the TTC. I'd almost go so far as to say they started at the trams from the parking lot, but those aren't quite so universal.

I love the boat travel so much. It's so peaceful and relaxing, even when it's packed. I have to slap on hearing protect for the dog though because the horns are incredibly loud no matter where you are on the boat, and I think that they have to be. It's not so much that it's a problem so much as it's like, well, here's your headphones for 3 minutes bud. And he goes hue hue im good and puts his soft little nose on the rail to watch the water go by (dog fuckin loves boat).

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

DC Murderverse posted:

It wasn’t its status as a resort restaurant, it’s just that Michelin didn’t do their full guide with stars for Florida before this year. In the US they generally stuck to the major cities (LA/NY/Chicago) until recently.

Michelin has been awarding stars in Florida for three years now. V&A wasn't open the first year of the Florida guide, didn't get one last year, and did this year

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

CapnAndy posted:

At least one. The only actual in-ride video I got last time was from Tower of Terror (which, incidentally, I cherish -- I rode that with my little brother and it turns out he's scared of drop towers; he is visibly terrified in the video). I also got a few more videos but they were still images just with animations playing, like a picture in front of the Millenium Falcon that then pans out to a view of Batuu.

Remember that if you're going to be there Thursay and you haven't bought Memory Maker but you already know you're going to want it, buy it now -- you have to get it at least three days prior to get the discount.
Thanks for clarifying.
Oddly it’s already €225 :shrug: So I’m not sure how much that matters.

When can you normally do that fast check in thing?

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Darth TNT posted:

Thanks for clarifying.
Oddly it’s already €225 :shrug: So I’m not sure how much that matters.

When can you normally do that fast check in thing?
If you've got a Euro ticket direct from Disney it's worth checking if Memory Maker is included with it.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1781434782494118039

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

3/10, despite good acting I could not overcome the camera being completely dark for nearly its total run length.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

But…space mountain is StarWars….:psyduck:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Saw it twice, seemed better on the left side of the theater.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
No, you see, you have to experience it in a theater where they keep the lights on the whole time

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

They should make it a Ghost Galaxy movie

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
They keep giving movies to rides that don’t actually have a story but yet they won’t make a legit Tower of Terror movie. I know there was the made for TV one but it’s not great and kind of changes the story too much.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Make it a futuristic sci-fi movie but done as if it were made in the 70's and capture the aesthetic of the show building and queue. I'd be down for that.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

But then add ghosts and lots of gore.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Someone should be on a rail car and get their head lopped off by a low hanging rail as a homage to how terrifying space mountain is with the lights on

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

They keep giving movies to rides that don’t actually have a story but yet they won’t make a legit Tower of Terror movie. I know there was the made for TV one but it’s not great and kind of changes the story too much.
The sum total of Tower of Terror's story is "magic lightning hit an old-timey hotel and made an elevator disappear", I'm not convinced there's a movie there either.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
2.5/4 stars
Interesting concept, but the herniated disk from 2 hours of jerking me around a pitch black theater just not worth it

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

CapnAndy posted:

The sum total of Tower of Terror's story is "magic lightning hit an old-timey hotel and made an elevator disappear", I'm not convinced there's a movie there either.

I suppose you’re right, but that’s at least a basic premise/setup for something to expand on, vs. completely coming up with a story out of thin air. Like a Space Mountain movie could just be any sci fi movie that features space flight.

I’d love to see them do something actually a little creepy and trippy with the Hollywood Tower Hotel

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Darth TNT posted:

But…space mountain is StarWars….:psyduck:

:wrong:

Space Mountain will be a biopic about Tom Morrow.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Bottom Liner posted:

Finally we'll know why they keep paging him.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013
Space Mountain should be a (space) airport-centric meet-cute dramedy, just with a real wild psychadelic hyperspace scene in the middle.

PurpleButterfly
Nov 5, 2012

Bottom Liner posted:

Offhand Disney did one of those, and I like his ideas:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jtu7b7MakUk

Or the idea above works, too. Maybe we'll get a setting and a universe surrounding the space station(s).

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
When they filmed Episode I's scenes on Tattooione, they also filmed scenes for Episode II and III so that they wouldn't have to return to the same desert in years to come.

Likewise, the middle segment of Space Mountain will be co-filmed with an eventual Peoplemover film.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Just had the worst lunch ever from all my trips to Disney at Space220. Ranking it below Pizza Rizzo and pizza windows. Plus the screen was busted.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Quixotic1 posted:

Just had the worst lunch ever from all my trips to Disney at Space220. Ranking it below Pizza Rizzo and pizza windows. Plus the screen was busted.
That menu has never looked appealing to me, but lol that they'd leave the one reason to eat there out of repair

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I went once with some friends just to do it.

I got the lobster upgrade and that was really good actually.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
There will be no PizzaRizzo slander while I’m around

Space 220 has never really captivated my interest in going in there

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

I haven’t even heard anybody mention Space220 since about a month after it opened.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

I'm still recovering from the meal today, I excised the demon last night before bed. How could every different app,and main course,and add on be so bland,watery and bad for four different people.

The best part was probably the spiced mule and the regular pickle spear that came with the nephew's burger. Also the waiter continually calling it Space Water every refill.

When the waiter asked if we were ready for dessert we were all laughing shaking our heads vigorously saying "no" in unison.

We united in amusement of our displeasure of the meal for the rest of the day-You heard of drinking around the world?What about reststops around the world. And isn't that part of the Disney magic in the end?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Fartington Butts posted:

I haven’t even heard anybody mention Space220 since about a month after it opened.

Same, this is the first report I've seen from it. The food pics online look underwhelming to say the least.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's still stupidly difficult to get into, and not worth the effort.

We only did it because it was a friend's birthday who was a former CM (she actually became a CM again in an office job between the reservation and actual visit) and it was one of the only places in Epcot other than the really expensive one in Japan that she had not been to.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I did Space 220 last fall. It wasn't bad but you're definitely paying for the theming. We did end up with a window seat.

I don't plan on going there again unless I hear of a big menu change.

I've never actually been to Pizza Rizzo but you all make it sound like it's worth checking out.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

we love Pizza Rizzo because we can go upstairs and sit outside in quiet and not elbow to elbow with people, and watch DHS as we eat. The pizza is definitely kids pizza but we are OK with that. The theming is wonderful.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

That reminds me, how's Alien Pizza Planet over at DLR?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jose Oquendo posted:

That reminds me, how's Alien Pizza Planet over at DLR?

Widely considered the worst pizza on this or any planet.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

That corner where Muppets and Pizza Rizzo are is just the chillest little spot.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
PizzeRizzo tastes exactly like DiGiorno to me. So, not great, not terrible.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

It's definitely food court pizza, but I'm of the opinion that you can't eat fancy at every meal -- one of the reasons I ended up disliking the time I tried the dining plan was that all that rich food started to make me sick after a while. So I can appreciate some extremely mid pizza or chicken fingers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Just razzing on PizzeRizzo,it is perfectly serviceable.Just eaten it so many times Ive gotten tired of the taste and yes the quinceañera room upstairs is the best.