Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Just did my first trip here over the weekend for the Dark Side 5k. As far as food goes I'll say that Pandora's canteen was awesome, the Biergarten buffet was solid, and Rose & Crown has drat tasty fish and chips. The Flower & Garden festival happening was a nice surprise. Got some good tikka chicken flatbread from the honey stand and it's cool that you can get "sample" sizes of things for a little bit cheaper than the normal booze prices.

Seven Dwarves Mine is pretty awesome in the rain. As is Jungle Cruise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Quixotic1 posted:

Guys I went to wizarding world of Harry Potter this week and I couldn't help myself, I bought a wand. It wasn't helped that I went to a showing that was emptyand was only me and nephew and when they asked who was here for a wand choosing he pointed at me, talk about marketing pressure.

I fought my dumb brain real hard to not buy one when I was there in April. I avoided it, but ended up buying a bunch of stuff I didn't need at WDW instead.

On that note... the paint on this water bottle has started coming off real easily and that's a bummer.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

PkerUNO posted:

- Pirates of the Caribbean [DLP] - A different scene order than other versions you may have experienced (I think this one makes more sense, but personal opinions!). Also better theming of the queue/show building, new Redhead Pirate scene, and this is no longer Jack Sparrow-less. But his inclusions here are OK, I think.

They also have the awesome Barbossa animatronic.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Went about a month ago and our two big meals were at Orleans Cafe and Lamplight Lounge. Both were pretty great. If the Holiday Festival carts are still around at DCA those are equivalent to the Epcot festival carts.

There's also a new quick service place that sells bao in Adventureland.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

https://twitter.com/UniversalORL/status/1098614196080726017

They're going into full haul-rear end mode.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

"I want a bus ride where some kid doesn't stare at me because I'm an adult with no kids."

He's probably staring because the person in front of him is frowning and angrily tapping on her phone.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I need a nearly empty Epcot to go ride Soarin 10 times in a row.

10 times the Warburton is 10 times the goodness.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

"Hi, Mrs. Brady? Your son, Jayden, has just harmed another child with the pointy end of an Olaf pin. We will need you to come collect him as soon as you can."

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Tim Whatley posted:

I made it in a pitcher so:
3 shot Three Olives Cherry Vodka
Half a container of Lemonade (Odwalla is what Disney uses but it's nowhere around me so just... any Lemonade)
1 ½ cup defrosted frozen cherries
¼ cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons lemon juice

Blend or process the cherries, sugar, lemon juice into a puree and strain it.

Mix it with the others in the pitcher with plenty of ice. Get hella drunk.

Seems pretty close to the blueberry lemonade they have at All-star Sports. Remove the cherries, swap the vodka to blueberry, and add Pom juice. Was drat tasty and I was bummed that I only tried it before heading out to the airport.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Shot in the dark, but does anyone know if there's a good seller to get discounted park hopper tickets for Disneyland? I'm totally fine paying the regular price, but just figured I'd check. Going in almost exactly a month from today (right before Galaxy's Edge makes poo poo bonkers.)

Also: I am so down for getting the Mickey train ride here. I'm curious what they'll take out to put it there.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

I was watching the Magical Journeys video on the food at GE yesterday. Most of it looked pretty good, but the weirdest thing was the version of blue milk at the cantina that was not slushified and just had like a big cookie attached to it??

And they're definitely reusing that dry ice gimmick that's used at Lamplight Lounge. (and Moe's)

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Beachcomber posted:

Family Meal.

What's that?

Also, yeah, they messed up by not doin' Satu'li.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Gonna use this talk of Disney cocktails to spout some good words about the blueberry lemonade drink I had at All-Star Sports.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Is that a glob of cottage cheese on top there?

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Chris Pratt rides:
-GotG: Mission Breakout
-Whatever the movie ride is at Legoland
-Jurassic World x2
-GotG Rollercoaster

Missing anything?

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

I went to DIsneyland Paris in late 2017 before I had really gotten into the Disney parks. Thought the Ratatouille restaurant was pretty dang good. Phantom Manor was real cool because it was the first time I realized that they really do care about the story about the rides in regards to lore/story. And since Pirates had just finished a huge refurbishment there was an awesome movie-related animatronic that I won't spoil.

Edit: There's a pretty good statue of Wall-E and Eve next to Tomorrowland. That stuck out to me because I was excited to see them.

Fartington Butts fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Jul 15, 2019

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Satuli was my favorite place when I went. Super tasty and cheaper than most places.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Saw a few videos for the Haunted Mansion 50th event at DLR and holy crap it looks pretty awesome. One of the acapella bands sings Oingo Boingo on the Mark Twain.

There's also a buncha real good sounding limited food in that area of the park. Not sure if they're gonna have it during the non-event times, but if it is I'll get all up in that when I'm there in about a week.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Beachcomber posted:

Going to Disneyland tomorrow and I'm weirdly apprehensive. That may be more about the inlaws than anything Disney has done. I guess I'm also kind of anxious about lines and stuff.

All I'm insisting on is that I get one solid afternoon sitting at the bar at Trader Sam's.

It's never as bad as I think it is going there. And if y'need some Trader Sam's then I'd just suggest splitting off... if that's the kinda thing they'll jam with.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Beachcomber posted:

Watching my spending tends to lead to me saying things like "I don't deserve to eat.", so I'm still looking for a happy medium. Going to the spendiest place on Earth is going to be a trial.

I get that. I'm doing the same when I go for a solo trip next week. Try to lean people towards Zocalo and places in DCA?

I'm a dumb and got a monthly payment AP several months before my income went down so I'm trying to use it while not spending too much extra in the parks themselves.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Glad I decided to skip those beignets. The Midnight julep was pretty good.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Empress Brosephine posted:

Does millennium falcon seem like a video game or like a ride? Honestly reading impressions it makes me think it’s just a sophisticated Alien Encounter from Disney Quest. I know it’s wrong but that’s what it seems like to someone who hasn’t encountered it.

It’s a little bit video game and ride. I was in the single rider like at DLR for my second time on the ride yesterday and the person behind me was asking what kinda ride it was. I reductively said “Star Tours, but you push buttons.

You always get put to engineer from single rider, but man the feeling of having to slam on the buttons as fast as possible because the ship’s failing or whatever is real.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Went on Soarin' Over California four times during my trip this week. It's fart tons better than World, but it's also like 50% longer and I think that's the reason they don't wanna keep it around.

I also spend most of my time wondering how they shot/composed the video. Would love some more insight on that.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

stratofarius posted:

The one thing I've noticed now that the projector's quality is better is that the paraglider (or whatever the hell that's called, the guy soaring through the sky past the large waterfall) is clearly CGI.

Also how they added a voice saying 'I'm okay!' after one guy falls flat on his rear end during the ski sequence.

I love that they have a guy who totally beefs it after trying to... snowboard off a 20 foot ledge?

I heard guests near me complaining about nausea during the sped-up LA part. If they cut off that bit and the PGA bit maybe it would be closer in time to keep it around.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

couldcareless posted:

There is nothing taken from epcot that I miss. Bring on the new poo poo.
I'll make sure to give CoP a good round.

Kill the Coke refresh station. Put that poo poo in Disneyland. Gimme that Beverly.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

I'm headin' back to DLR in a week and a half, but not sure if I should do a repeat Oga's visit. Anybody had the Bloody Rancor? And I guess, along those terms, is a breakfast ronto wrap yay or nay?

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

JaneError posted:

I just want to confirm that hitting the California parks (really, any of the parks) the week between Christmas and New Years will be nuts. Any AP blackouts wouldn't substantively offset the hoardes of holiday vacationers, right?

We have a 2019 companion pass on Southwest and flights to LAX are tantalizingly cheap the last week of the year.

It’s a day late responding to your post, but I went for the few days after Christmas last year and it was pretty bonkers. Pushing through the crowds sucked pretty hard. That being said, as long you expect the crowds it shouldn’t be too bad.

And they’ve even done some stuff to fix the areas that I thought were the worst like the entrance to Adventureland.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

PurpleButterfly posted:

Hello from Main Street, USA. MSEP will be here any minute now. I am currently holding my brand new purple Disneysaber (in its carrying case, of course). That was awesome. More later. :)

I got to see the 10:45 real close. Was buying the MSEP tumbler right as it started and there was almost no one waiting around. Bummer part is that it stops after the Tinkerbell float.

Also through a fluke in single rider I got to be a pilot on Smuggler’s Run. A lady in the crew had to puke afterwards so I think I did a good job.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

I got to do pilot through single rider last week because they weren't calling colors out loud enough in the Falcon area. Was cool to see poo poo up close, but I like the frantic button slamming* that engineer has.

*There's a sex joke there.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Braksgirl posted:

-Matterhorn kind of sucks

I rode it at night for the first time a few weeks ago and that was kinda cool, otherwise, yuuuuup.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Went to Honolulu on a family trip a few months ago. My sister and I convinced everyone to swing by Aulani. We first ended up at the nearby Monkeypod. A dude from Hawaii 5-0 was just playin' some stuff outside. Food and mai-tais were incredible.

And there's a whole album of dope Hawaiian versions of Disney songs: https://open.spotify.com/album/0rd2XH5OTuhZxKmILONpoe?si=xykhA4VxTh2HxFTBO6EwGw

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Gotta preserve the almighty lore of Batuu... unless it’s a food item.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

I'm surprised they didn't already have tons of onesies already. The next problem will be weirdos walking around the parks in them.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Bottom Liner posted:

Rope drop smugglers then head straight to slinky or vice versa. Nothing else worth dropping and if you’re there that early you might as well. It also has single rider line but you’ll almost always be engineer.

This is at DLR, but the last time I did single rider is was particularly chaotic and they were loading parties in from two spots in the waiting area. Another single rider person and I totally missed our group and got to be pilots.

So I guess a way to sneakily get to be pilot would be to fake that you missed your group? That's real greasy, though.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

It could be just me trying to make the best of it, but I like the engineering spot. It gives you that "quickly try to hit a buncha buttons" feeling that so many sci-fi things have.

Edit: My next planned DLR trip is with 2 other family members so maybe I'll finally see Hondo and the whole queue line.

Fartington Butts fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Nov 5, 2019

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

My lifehack is to just walk instead of getting on the monorail - oh wait we're not talking about DLR.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Spent a few days at DLR this week. Found probably the best food deal I've seen at a Disney park. At Trader Sam's/Tangaroa Terrace they have a huge bowl of real tasty tonkatsu ramen for $15. Tasty as hell and could barely finish it. Plus you have the bonus of having a big fluffy black cat named Bagheera walking up to you. (Not easy to photograph black cats in dark lighting)

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

And Eisner basically saying “Wasn’t my fault the Imagineers couldn’t make it better!”

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

It definitely does sorta feel like that in the last two episodes, but it’s kinda balanced by the fact that they obviously have tons of footage of the stuff from the last 10 years or so. You get plenty of stuff about the building of Shanghai and Joe Rohde talking about Pandora.

Edit: There are some puffy interviews with Iger, but they don’t take away from the actual Imagineers if that makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Just ‘cause I’m dumb and am still a little lost on the concept of a trackless ride — is Luigi’s in DCA also trackless?