Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Paul Allen posted:

Lots of great advice, thanks everyone. That was exactly the kind of stuff I was hoping for. Not sure we'll be wearing those Mickey hats, but I'd totally love some buttons or something. Always nice to have a little special something on vacations like this.

The reason for wearing the hats is the special treatment you'll get around the resort. Seriously consider wearing them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

If you like beer, there's a pretty good brewpub at Boardwalk. There's generally a lot to do at Boardwalk, if you plan on spending a decent amount of time at your hotel I'd highly recommend it.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

demonR6 posted:

Went to MK today thinking it's Monday, holiday but kids in school so how bad can it be? Other than getting into Be Our Guest in under a half hour and there being boatloads of college / university cheerleaders everywhere I have nothing positive to say about the experience. Also Fast Pass+ can suck a hot bowl of donkey penises. The line at Buzz Lightyear on the mobile app said half hour, we had just left BOG so we said let's do it. On the way there notice that it is pretty crowded. We pass Cosmic Ray's and see just loads of people eating anywhere, on the curb, in planters, standing up. So we get to Buzz and the notice is 35 minutes stand by. When we eventually get around so we can see the front entrance again the FP line is around the building. An hour into the wait and we get to the part of the queue where FP and the stand by victims intersect. They were letting only 1 party go through to 15+ FP, we counted. Every ride was this way. FP+ is backed up, they are letting them go through in droves while the poor idiots who are on stand by sit there and wait until later. Disney should just make all the rides reservation only because honestly this is BS. Everyone in our line was pissed off at the wait and on the way out they had the idiots taking surveys and people were going off on them. I was so pissed off by the time we got to the ride I just sat there and rode it out. My wife actually participated in the ride but I was having nothing of it. Sorry but FP was bad, FP+ is just making GBS threads on anyone who is not using the system and that is not fun.

Seriously, never go to WDW without checking EasyWDW's crowd calendars first. I don't know how he's always so spot-on, here's what he said about MK today.

quote:

Magic Kingdom is, by far, the worst Park to visit today. First, it’s a national holiday, which will attract a fair amount of locals that have the day off. Although Martin Luther King Day doesn’t bring in a ton of people because it’s just one day and we’re coming off of the very busy holiday season, visiting locals are always a concern on holidays. Second, we have two rare main Street Electrical Parades scheduled, though the addition of the Parade tomorrow helps a bit. Finally, a lot of people travel over the weekend and naturally head to the Magic Kingdom on Monday for their first full day. All of this will make the Magic Kingdom incredibly busy today and any other day in the future this week would be less crowded, other than potentially this Saturday, which will have similar crowds and waits. For Main Street Electrical Parade viewing, tomorrow is the best day this week to see it. You can do well in the morning from 9am – 11am, but waits will be much longer than recommended days from there through close.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

tony's does pretty alright pizza, would recommend over pastas

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

poolside toaster posted:

Hey, they finally started listening to me about debuting things in summer while most of the Annual Assholes are blocked - just think of the number of tickets they're going to sell to people with passes! $$$$$ on top of $$$$$, baby!

They announced it early enough that everyone will upgrade their pass for next year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Circutron posted:

The Star Tours vehicles are being allowed to roam free in Animal Kingdom to get some exercise.

Nature is healing