Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

my wife lost her wedding rings on the flight of the falcon because she had put them in her backpack and they flew out. somehow Disney found her engagement ring (the important one) the next day and sent it back to us. total disney magic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

personal decision making is why we have over 200,000 dead Americans right now. and many of them didn't get a say in those personal decisions

alg
Mar 14, 2007

I don't think anyone was telling people not to go to work or the grocery store itt, but plenty of people who aren't public health experts were saying they felt safer at Disney than at the grocery store, which is just silly

alg
Mar 14, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

No it's not. Disney has been much stricter than the local grocery stores with enforcing social distancing and nobody even makes it past the parking lot if they show up refuse to wear a mask or wearing an improper one. Publix (and most other businesses) give no fucks if your mask is just a bandanna around your mouth. I saw a guy at Wawa with a loving towel crudely wrapped around his head and nobody said a word.

Do you sleep overnight at your grocery store? Do you shop there for 12-14 hrs in a row with 20,000 people from all over the world? Do thousands of people work at your grocery store? Do you have to cram into a bus with 100 other people to get to your grocery store?

alg
Mar 14, 2007

The CDC recently admitted over 11k people have been exposed to covid on planes already, some got sick, but they also admitted they haven't done any contact tracing to find out where it was linked. Without contact tracing it's not really possible to say nobody has gotten sick from going to Disney or flying on a plane.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

https://twitter.com/paulkrugman/status/1309537472007811073

alg
Mar 14, 2007

hoop-dee-doo is really nice at Christmas, hopefully they bring them back. but it will be awhile. DL Paris just closed again apparently.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I just keep hoping they close WDW because I'm all of a state away and people just keep dying.

It's safer than the grocery store!!

alg
Mar 14, 2007

loaded and with one in the chamber. Georgia as gently caress

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Bottom Liner posted:

lol what an :effort: grift

that's like, 99% of the off-brand disney shirt market

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Hazo posted:

Same. It's very interesting that the pandemic is worse than ever and they're relaxing rather than tightening or even just maintaining safety measures. Especially just after what's going to be a huge post-holiday spike :psyduck:

it makes sense if all you care about are profits and the Governor of your state is covering for you by being an imbecile

the type of people that would go during the insane crowds in December are the kind of careless people who would go to Disney during a pandemic too

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

yeah well when the US is popping around 200,000 new cases every single day, most people don't want to add to it.

pretty sure they're in chronological order, too, which makes it even cooler.

This is Florida right now lol

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/fl-ne-wharf-reopens-with-crowd-20201121-tbn5prnf2rbulkl7lopo4la2iu-story.html

alg
Mar 14, 2007

https://twitter.com/olive_m4/status/1333453741463396353

alg
Mar 14, 2007

DL looked fine on the holiday special they had Thanksgiving night

alg
Mar 14, 2007

I think they filmed the Houghs' parts in DL this year, but all the other segments were old, yeah

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Bottom Liner posted:

Sci-fi drive in has great burgers or at least they still did about 3 years ago when I last ate there.

SciFi is great, but it's sit down

alg
Mar 14, 2007

for us part of it is being at the restaurant at disney, so disneydash would likely never get used. but we aren't going to go to disney during a pandemic, so we can wait for the restaurants to open

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Nottherealaborn posted:

I’m just imagining the cost of Disney dining, and adding room service premiums and delivery fees on top of that, and shuddering.

yeah the MinnieVans started at like 35 bucks I think lol

alg
Mar 14, 2007

I'm crazy about the tater tots bowl at woody's lunchbox

alg
Mar 14, 2007

if you're gonna do sit down in MK do Skipper's Canteen or Liberty Tree Tavern so you can drink

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Craptacular! posted:

My dream is that the castle restaurant goes back to a middling steakhouse without character pomp in a great location.

I get that families give Disney a lot of money to get to meet Cinderella inside the castle and have her call the family daughter ‘princess’ and whatnot, but give adult couples looking for a romantic dinner and people who like atmosphere the place in the evenings. Maybe use the castle restaurant in the day for princess meals and Be Our Guest in the evening.

On our honeymoon my wife and I had an amazing dinner at Artist Point, and now we probably will never go back =(

alg
Mar 14, 2007

my wife and I are a little crazy about Christmas gifts, especially this year. I ordered her a Trader Sam's print I saw in this thread and got her Figment print at Festival of the Arts when we were there in January for that fest and Galaxy's Edge. I just got them back from the framing place and they look excellent

alg
Mar 14, 2007

We love Earl of Sandwich as our quick option at DS since we don't have it at home. We have Blaze at home

alg
Mar 14, 2007

alg
Mar 14, 2007

idk if the American version will be bigger but that place looks like it would be shoulder to shoulder crowds all the time, it looks so small

alg
Mar 14, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

I’ve been many times. It’s fine and probably safer than your normal errands.

people are knowingly going to Disney while infected. there's just no way spending a week with thousands and thousands of people is safer than getting curbside groceries

alg
Mar 14, 2007

PneumonicBook posted:

I would legitimately come back just for epcot. Such a good park.

Animal kingdom seemed real bad. The safari was cool but the park didn't seem like an actual Disney park, if that makes sense. The avatar stuff was cool but to be honest I do not give a single gently caress about avatar.

expedition everest owns, as does dinosaur

and nomad lounge owns

Animal Kingdom is pretty cool

the dinoland usa area is a bit of a letdown when you first see it though

alg
Mar 14, 2007

All this arguing about MMRR or Rise, nobody pours one out for the Great Movie Ride :smith:

alg
Mar 14, 2007

https://twitter.com/Blog_Mickey/status/1343988974789029888

alg
Mar 14, 2007

https://twitter.com/Attractions/status/1347221037235253248?s=20

alg
Mar 14, 2007

why the gently caress

alg
Mar 14, 2007

the best part of ME for us is not having to manage our bags. gently caress.

we used to drive from NC but the drivers in FL are just so terrible, it was unsafe

edit: also they started charging to park at the resort, lol

alg fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Jan 11, 2021

alg
Mar 14, 2007

tomapot posted:

I guess I’m in the minority, wasn’t thrilled with our Magical Express experience the one time we tried it. Since then I’ve always rented a car, we like not being held to a bus schedule and occasionally getting outside the resort eco-system.

for us its not having to manage our bags at Orlando airport when we're leaving, and not driving. its 100% unsafe to drive around Disney

alg
Mar 14, 2007

https://twitter.com/SuperWeenieHtJr/status/1350131370186706946

alg
Mar 14, 2007

I'm so glad we did that 3yr deal before Disney+ launched

alg
Mar 14, 2007

The American Adventure is way cooler :colbert:

alg
Mar 14, 2007

I've got no nostalgia for WDW since my first trip was 2015 but idk what is wrong with y'all. the tiki room and carousel of progress both own.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

as someone new to this stuff, Universal seems like its only important to locals and zoomers who grew up on Harry Potter

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alg
Mar 14, 2007

https://twitter.com/countrybearsam/status/1368441364002770946