Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
As much as I love Disney fireworks they always leave a bitter taste in my mouth.

"Oh hey look there's my paycheck a million times over

exploding"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
I stayed at the Carribean and literally have nothing to say about it other than "it's a place to sleep and Shutter's is alright to eat at"

There are better places in my opinion. Port Orleans is my favorite when it comes to moderate.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!

If this isn't the fanciest and best food court you've ever seen then you best step back.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!

demonR6 posted:

Remember kids keep your loving hands in the ride at all times..

Man loses tips of two fingers on Pirates of the Caribbean..

"...it's not clear how the man's fingers were injured."

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
To be fair, the water drop at Pirates is pretty jarring for such a tame ride. Anyone who puts their fingers over the side would definitely get wrecked once they hit the bottom.

That doesn't excuse ol' stumpy, though. He would have to put his hand far over the side of the boat, which isn't easy to do unconsciously.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
It could be any multitude of reasons. Lightning strikes, main computer faults, safety audit checks, major VIP visit, someone could have gotten hurt on the ride and they brought the whole thing down until it got checked, they may not have enough staffing for the attraction...

Any multitude of things, really.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
And that's what happens when you play with the troll.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
The most walls are definitely going to be at the Polynesian. I can't say about the other questions.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!

Cais posted:

Usually they're one or the other.

Yeah as I remember the butterfly garden fiasco was a contractor struck a water main and turned the Innoventions area into a sinkhole nearly. They're working to get that fixed.

Or they could let Innoventions sink into the earth forever

that's a thing that they could do

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
The thing about Traditions back then was that it last multiple days - I've heard people say it lasted up to a week to get the full orientation. I wonder where this video fit into that timeline.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
Splash Mountain is super random. I've been drenched at times and completely bone dry others. I think it depends on the water level in the flume and the weight of your fellow passengers.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
Florida is hot in August

This, and more, at 11

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
The moral of the story is don't spend the whole day at MK, the lines are so much better during Not So Scary.

And don't do the dessert thing because that sounds pretty dumb.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
Nah, Disboards is generally pretty awful.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
The only good thing about Disboards was that they used to have a thread in the cruise line forum that was like "post your favorite Disney Cruise Line picture" and I am literally obsessed with DCL so it fed my addiction. Until they threw their dumb kids in or something. Focus, people, I want to see the boat not your children drat it.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
The FP people in the park have asked me to take a picture or a screenshot every time I've changed stuff with them.

As for doing it from off property, shrug.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
I get a double stroller for my 7 and 4 year old. Disney strollers are pretty enormous and the parks exhaust adults, let alone kids. When you're less than ten, you've got tiny little legs.

Now once you get to be about 11 or 12, that's around where the line gets crossed.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
The fact is that most older kids will want to walk around anyways but it's good to have the stroller for when they inevitably get exhausted. Fatty fatcakes refusing to walk at all is one thing, but most kids are quite another.

This is sort of the same argument as the people who rent electronic scooters because they don't want to walk/"can't wait on their feet in line for that long". God I loved telling people that our line was wheelchair accessible and that we even had a chair that they could use in line. They gave me the sourest of looks.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
CoP is unironically one of the best rides in Tomorrowland after the TTA.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
I'm surprised I'm not more upset about this than I am. I had an absolute shitfit over El Rio Del Tiempo. Maybe I'm just numb.

I'm not crazy about Frozen being horked into the World Showcase, but Maelstrom either needed a major refurb or a Viking funeral. Looks like they opted for the latter. As long as they don't halfass it, whatever. At least my kids will be happy.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
Not to mention that Frozen has monetarily surpassed literally everything Disney has ever done.

I understand that you guys are annoyed by saturation (I have a seven year old daughter so I get it, really) but seriously. They saturated the hell out of Lion King and Frozen's surpassed even that.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
You absolutely cannot do all 4 parks in one day. Not if you want to see everything or hell, even half of everything.

You might make a good dent in all of them but there is just too much to do everything when you include rest, meals and wait times (even negligible ones). Hell, the Soarin' queue is a quarter mile long - just going in and out takes a bare minimum of 15 minutes.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
There's a difference between "going to all four parks" and "doing all four parks" :colbert:

A lot of people think that they can 'finish' all four parks in one day which is ludicrous. It's absolutely possible to go between them if you're willing to cut things.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
Florida weather reports can be summed up as: "Is it summer? Probably 50% chance or so. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯"

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
I hate wine but love the food so very much.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

Only rides with portions of the track outside. The indoor rides remain open unless they need to enact a rain shelter protocol (which has happened once since I've been working here. I played Heads Up Disney Edition with guests for about an hour)

They actually do that at MK? At EPCOT, I was just encouraged to move people out into the rain and lightening.

Not the most fun gig in the world.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
I'd like to hope that they've learned not to build the same thing in multiple places by this point, core rides not withstanding

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
I've said it before and I'll say it until the day I day: I will take Brazilians any day over the majority of other nationalities. Yes, they travel in groups and don't listen and are loud and rambunctious, but they're genuinely HAPPY to be at the parks. They always have a huge smile no matter what they're doing and I just find that adorable.

This does not include the tour guides.

gently caress the tour guides.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!

demonR6 posted:

You forgot to add they are incredibly rude, feel like they have special privileges so they will gladly cut in front of you in line, push you out of the way or whatever pleases their fancy. Not to mention they are well known for brazenly stealing from the gift shops as well so that pretty much counters the huge smiles and fun factor.

I'm talking about it from a CM perspective. I keep a minimum of three hundred feet away from all tour groups when I'm going as a guest.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
Back with legacy fastpasses, we used to have tour guides who would come super early with the entire groups tickets and try and get the whole group fastpasses before they even entered the parks. Trouble is that the tickets don't work to get fastpasses unless they've entered the parks. One of two things happened: either they yelled at us to give them fastpasses (we didn't) or they would get invalid fastpass tickets and try and use them later (which didn't work out well for them).

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
Waited an hour to ride Maelstrom last night which was pretty good considering the line was posted at 90 minutes and jumped to 130 while we were in line.

Bye Maelstrom :(

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
Hahaha oh god that sounds awful. I'm pretty sure it didn't work at all for Soarin when they did that test a month or two back.

As much as I have nostalgia for attractions things like that make me a happy camper that I'm not in that department anymore.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
Ride the green version? It's exactly the same except there's no spinning.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
Last time I saw it the ratio was 80/20 or 16 people to 1 family of fourish.

The problem is the poor CM at merge is getting screamed it by both sides - their manager/coordinator to move the FP line and the guests directly in front of them who see the blatant slamming of FP and want an explanation for why Jimbob at merge is making them wait for so long for no good reason.

Quite easily one of my least favorite positions.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
We used to have a wall of failure where we kept all of the expired/fake FPs people tried to use. People were certainly creative, I'll give them that much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!

Aethersphere posted:

I'm here at Walt Disney World on a press junket. We were at Epcot yesterday, and I have to ask - what the hell is with the Eric Idle Journey Into Imagination ride? It is definitely the worst thing ever. Is there a story behind that, or is it just fully random?

Journey Into Imagination used to be really amazing - twice the length and just dripping with with everything EPCOT used to be. Then, for an assortment of undisclosed reasons ranging from "it broke down far too often" to "it was far too complex for the time" to "they wanted it to match Honey I Shrunk the Audience which replaced Captain EO", they removed Figment entirely and made it into Journey into your Imagination which I never really rode but it was an enormous pile of poo poo according to said video. It then turned into what it is now once Disney was able to climb out of the complaint pile over the whole Figment thing.

I have mixed feelings over the current version. It's a shadow of the first version, yes, but it's leaps and bounds better than the second version.