Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hutzpah
Nov 6, 2009
Fun Shoe
I'm doing a family disney trip with my kids and my wife's siblings this May and am looking for some general information. We have tickets, and a place to stay, but have no idea how best to go about the 2 days that we have there. Is anything in the initial post from 2016 still applicable or is there a new place to look?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hutzpah
Nov 6, 2009
Fun Shoe

CapnAndy posted:

I mean, let's start at the beginning. Which Disney?

Oh right. Disney world.

Hutzpah
Nov 6, 2009
Fun Shoe
To be clear, I have no interest in trying to see everything in the two days that we have. It's more of a family Florida vacation for a week with 2 days of Disney sprinkled in - one day on Monday a day and day on Wednesday. Our kids are 4 and 6 so 4 consecutive gogogo days at Disney sounds like a nightmare to be honest. We are thinking magic Kingdom one day and epcot the second day. I guess I'm mostly asking how the Disney experience goes, what needs to be done ahead of time, and how to make the most of the day.

Hutzpah
Nov 6, 2009
Fun Shoe
That is absolutely the sort of poo poo I'm looking for. What exactly is a VQ?

Hutzpah
Nov 6, 2009
Fun Shoe
Goons are the best.

I'll try to give some more context and answer as much as I can. We are staying for a week at a house a like 30 minutes or so from the park, so we would be driving in each of the 2 days. We are going sometime in May so haven't hit the 60 day out date for reservations, but would be open to any recommendations. My kids are good eaters, but the like most kids, the base of their food pyramid is cheese. We don't have any food allergies or anything to worry about there.

The decisions for Magic Kingdom and Epcot weren't based on much to be honest, and I'm open to changing them. My wife has fond memories of Magic Kingdom as a kid, and that screams the most "Disney" of the parks, but Epcot was chosen for no reason other than the Frozen ride. My 4-year-old daughter is obsessed with Frozen. However, she's very shy and doesn't have a great track record around rides and there's a 90% chance she wouldn't step onto the ride. Sometimes she surprises us though, and we wanted to give her the opportunity to do so. She's a very girly girl so anything princess is up her ally. Frozen is top tier, but Moana is also her jam, and she's been really jazzed on Minnie and Lilo & Stitch lately. We were looking at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique as a something that could be interesting.

I'll check out Hollywood Studios over Epcot and see what one offers over the other. I didn't realize Hollywood Studies also had a Frozen thing.

Basically, we figure we'd try to go for the full day each of the 2 days. My kids don't nap so we'd do what we can all day and leave whenever it is they've had enough.

The real goal of the whole trip: for the kids to have a great time, go one rides that they enjoy without scaring them, and see some over-the-top Disney stuff while they're still young and not jaded. I see it kind of like Santa. You want them to be able to enjoy it while they're still young enough not to know better. As much as good food/drink/etc would be nice for me and my wife, we can get that on another trip, so we want to make this one all about the 2 kids.

Sounds like I need to download the app and start poking around so I can come back with some more specific questions.

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

I'd have to say that my park suggestions would be based on whether or not both kids are over 40". 40" is the height limit for many of the major E-tickets that young children would also want to ride.

My 6 year old son is outgoing, >40 inches tall, and loves everything other than large coasters so my wife and I figured we'd rotate going on whatever more intense rides he wanted while the other went on more gentle rides with my daughter (she's only 36 inches tall so that would limit her for some rides). The preference would be to do things altogether, but this way we could split up if needed.

Hutzpah fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Feb 14, 2024

Hutzpah
Nov 6, 2009
Fun Shoe
I went through all the replies with my wife and we talked about what we want to do. We are definitely doing MK on the Wednesday that we're there, and may look into booking a character meal. It's good to know we have reservations don't open until 60 days out so that we have a little bit to decide. Are there any recommendations in MK for lunch? I feel like a somewhat relaxed sitdown lunch in a cool environment might help to break up what will otherwise be a hot a busy day. And it might help us get to the fireworks at the end of the day.

On the Monday we are torn between Epcot and Hollywood Studies. We may split up and do my son+an adult at Hollywood Studios and my daughter+an adult at Epcot, but that would take away from the "family aspect" of the trip. I took out the tape measure this weekend and my daughter is actually 41 inches tall and my son is 46, so that opens up some ride possibilities. I still think my daughter's timidness is what is going to limit her, not her height.

Okay so here's the thing that everyone who has never been to WDW needs to hear:

This was really helpful. I think we are trying to prepare as much as we can, but want to keep our expectations low. There's nothing worse than trying to get the kids to "go, go, go" when they just aren't up to it.

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Have you looked at Ohana as a dining reservation? Because you can meet Lilo & Stitch over there for breakfast (only breakfast, not any other time) and it's an easy monorail ride to Magic Kingdom afterwards.

This looks like a great idea. How do you do breakfast and still get to the park by opening, though? It seems like this would eat up the earlier part of the day.

Hutzpah
Nov 6, 2009
Fun Shoe

CapnAndy posted:

I don't know the answer to this, but it just occurred to me -- who says you have to do that on Monday or Wednesday? Maybe you just do that for breakfast on some other day where the schedule is less intense?

To be honest, I hadn't thought of that. But it's good to consider. I'll have to see what we have planned for our non-Disney days in Florida.

Definitely. I think one of the most common mistakes people make regarding bringing kids to Disney, especially MK, is to over-hype them up promising all kinds of cool stuff while not mentally preparing them for the negatives. Inform them that there will be a lot of people, we're going to do fun things but you have to be patient and wait in lines to do them, and that you may not get to do everything you want to do. Going in with this mindset makes for a better day at the parks for everyone.

Personally, I would opt for a family day at Epcot. It will be more chill than your Magic Kingdom day. There's still a few thrill rides, lots of restaurants to choose from, lots of characters to meet, a good fireworks show at closing, etc. 6 just seems a little young still to separate for a few more thrill rides, plus the lines at Hollywood Studios get really crazy. If they were like 10+ it might be a different story.

My son is many things, but he is not patient. Epcot it is.

CapnAndy posted:

If you want to do character dining in MK, your choices are Cinderella's Royal Table or Crystal Palace. CRT is fancy and has all the princesses; your daughter will absolutely love it. Your son might not be so thrilled. Crystal Palace is a lot more laid back and has a buffet. It's got Winnie the Pooh characters, which are cute, but you know better than us how your kids feel about them.

If you just want a sit-down experience (what Disney calls Table Service), you can check them out on Disney's website, which is a good thing to get used to. Every restaurant lets you see their menu, complete with pricing, so it's a really good tool ahead of time to figure out who's got food you want to eat at prices you're okay with. For the record, I can't recommend Be Our Guest -- the food and themeing are fantastic, but they charge you like it's character dining and it's not, you only get to meet the Beast.

Yeah, I wouldn't recommend splitting up like that, it kills basically the whole point of the trip. For the record, your son will have plenty to do at Epcot too -- Soarin' is legit one of the best rides in all four parks, Test Track sounds right up his alley, Remy is... not great, but for a six year old probably pretty cool. Hell, I even looked it up and he's tall enough to do Cosmic Rewind. Which technically is a roller coaster, but one without any major drops or inversions, so, y'know... maybe? You go really, really fast both forwards and backwards and do a lot of turns.

Also, how timid is your daughter? Is it the act of getting on the ride vehicle that scares her or can you get her to do that much at least so long as you promise the ride won't be scary?

I didn't realize all of the information on dining was readily available. My family - and mostly my wife - tend to over plan food wise so she will want to have meals planned ahead of times.

Thanks for the epcot info. It seems like that will be the way to go.

My daughter is a toss-up, depending on her day and her mood. I think it will be the sort of thing where I need to find a few super small rides to start the day before she feels comfortable and confident. Starting her out on something that pushes her limit would make for a bad day. Same with a character meet. If the first day starts with someone in costume up in her face it'll end in tears, but if she can meet someone on her terms it will most likely go well and we can go more from there.

Hutzpah
Nov 6, 2009
Fun Shoe
Finally nearing 60 days out from our Disney trip. Since Epcot will be the first day, reservations will open up there first. Are there any food reservations that are 'a must' or recommended? I've asked a few questions in the past few weeks but it'll be me, my wife, and our 4 and 6 year old.

Has anyone does the reserved meal during fireworks? Seems like it might be worthwhile, if expensive.

Hutzpah
Nov 6, 2009
Fun Shoe

CapnAndy posted:

Epcot is the best food park by a wide margin; you're spoiled for choice. I loved Le Cellier last time I was there, but a steakhouse is probably the wrong place to bring kids. Likewise, Spice Road Table is extremely popular but it doesn't have a kid's menu and is pushing it with regard to adventurous palates. Rose & Crown is really good English pub food, and if you want Mexican, Chinese, or Italian, you've got San Angel Inn, Nine Dragons, and Tutto Italia respectively. Honestly, it's kinda hard to have a bad food experience at Epcot. What sort of food do you want?

You also have another option altogether: you'll be at Epcot during the Flower & Garden Festival. You can forgo a planned lunch or dinner in exchange for walking through World Showcase and buying small bites and drinks at the various booths. The upside is that they're all pretty good and everyone can get whatever they want; the downside is that this version involves more walking and will almost certainly be more expensive than a restaurant. Still, walking around the world and eating/drinking (for you and your wife) is exceptionally popular for a reason.

As for reserved meal for fireworks... I don't think it's worthwhile. You can get a perfectly good view of the fireworks just by showing up 30-60 minutes beforehand and sitting down at a good spot and waiting, the parks are designed to make the fireworks extremely visable.

Also, we were talking about you a little bit while you were gone, and I said this:

So, like, if you wanna talk about Magic Kingdom stuff too, we can definitely do that.

We ended up grabbing group reservations at Tutto for lunch and Nine Dragons for dinner. However, I think we will do lots of eating throughout the day at the World Showcase and elsewhere. These two reservations will just be a designated time to sit down, regroup, chill, and eat/drink a little.

I did look more at the fireworks thing are realized that it doesn't start until 9PM, which is very late for our kids. Making dinner reservations then would definitely be too much to ask for.

Based on what people have recommended so far for Magic Kingdom, we are planning on eating at Pecos Bill for lunch get a good seat to see the parade, and will reserve seats at Skipper Canteen for dinner. Now to look into rides for the days that we are there and figure out a plan of attack....

Hutzpah
Nov 6, 2009
Fun Shoe

CapnAndy posted:

Good plans! And yeah, the fireworks are late for kids. Retreating to your hotel mid-afternoon for a nap is an option, as is just letting them pass out in the stroller.

Let's do a rundown on all the Magic Kingdom rides. Fair warning, there's a lot; MK has more rides than any other park by a wide margin.

Adventureland
Enchanted Tiki Room - Charming as hell and a show, not a ride. Even if it wasn't a launch-day classic, it'd be worth it for the chance to sit down in air conditioning. Animatronic birds sing. Nothing challenging here at all.
Jungle Cruise - You want to do this one, it's a classic and the whole family can handle it. You sit in a slow boat and look at silly animatronics (that were cutting-edge when Disneyland opened 70 years ago) while the boat operator makes jokes that are actually pretty funny.
Pirates of the Caribbean - Another must-do classic. There's one small drop and the pirates are somewhat threatening, so it might challenge your daughter, but it should be within her tolerances.
The Magic Carpets of Aladdin - Dumbo reskin. You can skip this unless your kids are super into that sort of ride, in which case it's great, because it is exactly the same ride as Dumbo but with no wait time.

Fantasyland
The Barnstormer - This is an extremely mild kiddie coaster. Your son will have a good time. If your daughter's feeling particularly brave, there's probably no better way to introduce her to thrill rides.
Dumbo the Flying Elephant - Okay, so. This is somewhat beyond classic and into iconic. As a ride, it's nothing. Ride vehicles spin around and go up and down, it's nothing that's not at every carnival in the world. But it is the Dumbo ride at Disney World. It's in all the pictures and commercials, and if you want that experience, I don't blame you. (Note that if you just want the picture, they've got an extra ride vehicle out front specifically to take pictures in.) The wait is going to be long. Luckily, MK Dumbo has an amazing "queue area" where they give you a timed pager and then let your kids loose in an indoors playground, and you go and fetch them to ride the ride when your pager goes off.
Enchanted Tales with Belle - This isn't a ride, this is an interactive meet-and-greet with Belle where you get told a short version of Beauty and the Beast by a storyteller first. You also get to walk through a magic mirror in one of the best special effects in the park. Your daughter will absolutely go nuts for it.
"it's a small world" - You know what this is. You have to go on this. Whole family. Singing dolls.
Mad Tea Party - This is a teacup ride. You can get it in any carnival. Unless you have to do it in Disney World, you can give it a skip.
Mickey's PhilharMagic - This is a show, so it has sitting down in air conditioning going for it. It's also extremely charming and themed around popular Disney songs, mostly from the 90s movies. It's in 3D, if your daughter is still startled by that, but otherwise everyone should enjoy it.
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh - This is actually kinda intense? Like, there's a nightmare sequence and a windstorm. It's not fast or anything, but it might be too much for your daughter and, paradoxically, not enough for your son. Judgement call here.
Peter Pan's Flight - Don't ride this. Content-wise, it's fine, you fly through London and Neverland. But the rider-per-hour thoroughput is, and always has been, completely hosed, and it skews the wait times well beyond what's reasonable. It's just impossible to justify the time investment.
Prince Charming's Regal Carrousel - This is a merry-go-round. You can put the kids on it or not at your discretion.
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train - I would give this one a miss. It's a kiddie coaster, so it's too intense for your daughter, and quite frankly it's not very good. It's got stupid long wait times and it's not worth the time in line or the timeskip fee. You're much better off taking your son on Space Mountain or Big Thunder Mountain; those are good rides.
Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid - Classic dark ride. Sit in nice slow-moving ride vehicle, look at animatronics that retell Little Mermaid, it's probably a walk-on or close to it because it's not particularly new or exciting and it's extremely efficient at moving guests through. Your daughter will love it, your whole family will appreciate the break.

Frontierland
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad - This is a kiddie coaster. Your son will love it. Too much for your daughter unless she's been emboldened by the rest of the trip.
(It's got two other attractions, Country Bear Jamboree and Tiana's Bayou Adventure (formerly Splash Mountain), but they're both closed for overhauls and not scheduled to reopen until at least the summer.)

Liberty Square
Hall of Presidents - Animatronic Presidents give speeches. There's a hilariously bad Trump where they quite clearly built a Hillary animatronic for 2016 and then hurriedly slapped a wig on it. It's boring. I don't like it, but you can use it for another break out of the sun, if nothing else.
Haunted Mansion - An absolute classic. Unsure if your daughter can handle it -- the ride motion itself is as sedate as it comes. How is she with ghosts, albeit silly ones?

Tomorrowland
Astro Orbiter - This is another Dumbo reskin, except with spaceships and also you're pretty high up, so it's more popular than Magic Carpets.
Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin - This one's really fun. You're in a two-person ride vehicle that can rotate, each person has their own light gun, and you manually control the rotation of your vehicle with a joystick in the center. You move through a ride that's a shooting gallery, getting points for the targets you hit. Fun on its own, extra fun to compete with your family for the high score. Everyone should enjoy this.
Carousel of Progress - This is a theater-in-the-round thing where your seats rotate around a circular center, viewing four distinct scenes, all "acted" by animatronics. Unless your kids have a taste for nostalgia, they probably won't get much out of this, although talking robots are a bit interesting, maybe? You and your wife might get more out of it; it's a port of an exhibit Walt Disney made for the 1964 World's Fair, with some edits to remove the rampant sexism from the original and to update the last scene... but it hasn't been touched since 1993, which is why the scenes depict 1900, 1920, 1940, and... 2000. It's fundamentally dull but it has fans, me included. If nothing else, it's a solid 20 minutes or so sitting down out of the sun.
Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor - It's a show where a CGI monster powered by a live cast member behind the scenes and lip-syncing technology tell corny jokes aimed right at children in your kids' age groups. They will love this. Take them.
Space Mountain - This is a coaster, though there are no inversions. But it is fast, there are sharp turns and drops, and it's all done in the dark (not pitch-black, some things are lit up, but it's overall dark. Because you are in space). It might push your son's limits. But if he can handle it, he'll love it.
The Peoplemover - You sit in little cars and get taken on a guided tour of Tomorrowland. If you end up on it, it'll be a cute few minutes. If you don't, you haven't missed much.
Tomorrowland Speedway - This is go-karts on a track. Gas powered ones, too; you can smell this ride before you see it. Is it a completely un-special go-kart experience? Yes. Do kids love go-karts, though? Also yes.
TRON Lightcycle Power Run Rollercoaster - This is a launch coaster that hits 60 mph. No inversions. If you took your son on the Guardians coaster at EPCOT and he loved it, he'll love this. If not, steer clear. This one's playing for real.

After this we still need to go over the lineskip nonsense, memory maker, and some stuff to stick in your park bag, but I think you're more set than not.

This, and the subsequent by-ride discussions have been fantastic. You guys are awesome.

Hutzpah
Nov 6, 2009
Fun Shoe
Our Disney trip is a month out now. Is there a good primer on the fastpass/genie+/whatever so I know what's worth it and how best to take advantage of it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hutzpah
Nov 6, 2009
Fun Shoe

CapnAndy posted:

It's important to note right up front that this whole thing is deliberately confusing. Disney pulled several tricks out of the mobile f2p playbook in creating this system and the biggest one is using a flurry of similar-sounding jargon that all means different things. It can be broken down and understood, I just want you to understand that an initial feeling of bafflement at the whole thing is not only normal, it's the intended response.

Now for a bedrock, let's explain the system. (Sorry if you already know this from visiting other theme parks.) Nearly every ride will have two lines; a standby (the normal one) and a priority (the lineskip). The lineskip line is usually physically shorter and has less switchbacks in it. The two lines meet at a merge point, close to where the ride vehicles are boarded. A cast member is in control of the merge and will bias towards the priority lane -- I don't know the exact ratio, maybe some cast member goons can chime in if they know it, but it seems to be somewhere between 5:1 and 10:1. That is, for every 5-10 groups from the priority line that get sent by, one standby group will also be sent. This, not the shorter distance, is why the lineskip wait is so much shorter, and it's also why in standby, most of the time you're just standing around and not moving; priority guests are getting merged while you wait. The number of rides without priority lines is vanishingly small and any ride without one is almost always a walk-on, so we don't need to worry about those.

Disney calls its priority lines Lightning Lanes (LL). So from now on we're going to be talking about how to get access to the Lightning Lanes, which means you get to go in the short line and get biased towards at the merge. There are two methods. Keep in mind that although the methods are different, the result is the same -- you get to use that ride's Lightning Lane.

If you have access to a Lightning Lane, the way it works is that your app (the app is important! You have been practicing with it, right?) will offer you the soonest time it has available. You don't get to choose, and if someone else takes the last of those slots before you finish confirming your reservation, it'll give you a different one instead. Once you make the reservation, you're locked in. You have, officially, an hour from the displayed time to show up. So if you've got a 2:30 Lightning Lane for Frozen: Forever After, at any time from 2:30 to 3:30, you can get there, tap your MagicBands or phones at the LL entrance, it'll flash green, and the cast members will let you in to use the line. Unofficially, you have a grace period of 15 minutes in either direction, and cast members may let you in earlier/later than that, at their discretion (they're pretty nice, but don't count on it as a certainty).

The main method is Genie+. This is a paid service with a floating price with a floor of $14.99, based on demand, sold per person per day. You don't have to buy Genie+ every day. You don't have to buy it for everyone in your group -- but if you don't, the people you don't buy it for don't get the LL access. If you're wondering why they call it that instead of something more reasonable like "lightning lane pass", well, see above re: deliberately confusing. Your purchase also includes access to ride photos taken that day, some camera filters, and some audio files, basically all so they can be like "no you're not buying Lightning Lane access, that is just one facet of the incredible service", but that is a lie, Genie+ is only and always ever bought because the purchasers want the lineskips. Once you've bought Genie+, you have access to Lightning Lanes for almost every ride in the park you're in for the day. There are limitations; you can gain access to each ride's LL once, and once you have an active reservation, you can't make another until you tap into that LL or until two hours have passed, whichever comes first.

Because that's still pretty confusing, let's do an example with specifics. Let's say you're in the Magic Kingdom, it's 10:00 am, and you want to ride Peter Pan. Genie+ offers you 11:30 for Peter Pan, so you take it. You can't use Genie+ again until then, so you go and do other stuff for about an hour and a half. You arrive at Peter Pan at 11:45 and tap into the line. As soon as you do, you can make your next reservation -- and since you'll still be spending some time waiting in line, just less, it's very much in your best interest to pull your phone out while you're standing around and make your next reservation right then and there. If you had been offered 12:30 instead, since that's more than 2 hours from 10:00, you could have made your next reservation at noon, even though you hadn't tapped into the ride yet. If you want to ride Peter Pan again later in the day, you must wait in the standby queue -- you've used your Peter Pan LL for the day.

That's Genie+. I did, however, say almost every ride is included in that service. Disney is both smart and greedy, and thus they take one ride in each park -- always the newest and most popular ride -- and withhold it from Genie+. With the exception of the Magic Kingdom, where they hold back two. That is the Individual Lightning Lane (ILL) ride (or rides). The Lightning Lane is offered the same way, but if you want it, you have to pay an individual floating price per person making the reservation. You don't have to have bought Genie+ to do this, and Genie+ offers no discount. Anyone who's willing to pay the price can get an ILL. You can only get one ILL per ride per day, which means that for all parks except Magic Kingdom, you can only use this once per day. The ILL ride at Epcot is Cosmic Rewind, and at Magic Kingdom the ILLs are Snow White Mine Train and TRON.

There is also Virtual Queues, which are not lineskips -- you wait in the standby line. But for rides that use them, they're the only way to get into that standby line at all, so you need to know it. (Also, the line tends to be shorter overall, since the virtual queue is staggering entrances.) Guardians of the Galaxy and TRON use VQs. The way they work is that, from the ride board, you click the Join Virtual Queue button, it'll ask you which of your party wants to ride the ride, and then it'll put you all in a boarding group, based on when you signed up. When your group is up, you'll get a push notification telling you you've got an hour to head to the ride and get in line. This is free. The only thing to be aware of is that it's an actual queue, which means the sooner you get in, the better. VQs open up at 7 am and you don't have to be in the park to join them, so set an alarm for 6:55, get to the ride board, and start setting up; you want to be ready to refresh and hit submit as soon as the clock ticks over. The VQs tend to fill up pretty quick, but if you can't get in at 7, Disney opens them back up with more slots at 1 pm. For that, though, you do have to be physically present in the park to join, and also you're going to be behind everyone who already joined and there's no guarantee that everyone in the queue will actually get to ride that day, so, again... if you want to ride those rides, set your alarm and hit the button.

In your app, you can see all of this stuff by hitting the plus button and selecting My Genie Day and Tip Board, which gets you to the ride board, so play around with it and get familiar. That page is useful in general, since it shows wait times for all the rides and next showtimes for all the shows.

Now, do you need it? General consensus is that Genie+ is worth the money in Magic Kingdom or Hollywood Studios, but not Epcot or Animal Kingdom -- they don't have enough rides with really long waits, which means that everyone funnels to the same few rides, their LLs get slammed, and you only end up skipping one or two lines all day. Also, the price is per person per day, and you're a party of 4, so it's going to cost you at least $60 per day. That's not pocket change. But, on the other hand, you're only there for two days, so your time is more precious than someone who's there for 4+, and your overall cost is less, since you're only paying twice at maximum. It's really up to you.

To get the most advantage out of it, the primary tip is the same as if you don't have it -- be there at rope drop. The hour after park opening is worth three hours later in the day. In this case, not only can you beeline for the most popular ride on your list before the line has time to grow, but you can get a LL reservation immediately, which is good because they can fill up fast for the big rides and by 11, you could be looking at 6 pm return times or sold out entirely. Otherwise, like I said, make reservations for the next ride when you're in line for the current one, not when you get off, and pick strategically. You can only have one reservation at once, so if you're using it on a ride where the standby time is short, you're wasting it -- your return time might not be for hours, when you could just walk over, get in line, and ride it in much less time.

This is incredibly helpful. Thanks a million.

I really, really appreciate all of the help I've gotten from this thread.