Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
That post is really thorough and should probably be linked to or quoted in the thread’s OP. Honestly we’re probably due for a new thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
I think the rumor is that they will be the new version of the Spider-Man and Transformers vehicles with locking seatbelts instead of a lap bar. Allegedly will also have some sort of elevator element, which Transformers actually has, but hides. I can see them making a beefed up version of that to make it also a drop ride. So picture Spider-Man vehicles but mostly practical effects combined with Rise of the Resistance.

That’s my assumption anyway.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Thought you guys might like this. I'm not sure it's actually supposed to be online as I saw it on YouTube before but it was deleted. So watch while you can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYERl03yLLI

Might give you a little more appreciation for Transformers. I'm an AV nerd and I feel that Spider-Man and Transformers have the best audio and video quality.

Top Left = on-ride view
Top Right = the actual screen animation
Bottom Left = looking at the vehicle movements with the lights on
Bottom Right = The scenes with show conditions.

Something that riders might not be aware of is that in addition to the panning and tilting the vehicle does, it also lurches along the track to thrust your body back and forth. It doesn't just park in each scene. You can also observe the lift mechanism in this video.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
It's a compressed, 2D version of what is projected on the screens. You actually can see the parallax effect ("squinching"), just look at the backgrounds instead of the characters.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Yellow Dog Eats, about 20 minutes from Disney Springs. Really good bbq sandwiches and a really unique atmosphere and overall experience. It's in a really old house, in a nice area.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Most people have jobs where they sit all or most of the day so any amount of walking is difficult for them. I kind of never want to give up my active jobs because I can still walk miles around the parks, but when friends and family visit they get worn out quickly.

Okay I feel like bitching about this, how the fuuuck can anyone enjoy watching the vlogger Paging Mr. Morrow? How is he one of the biggest Disney vloggers? I know "Disney vlogger" is a low bar but he has to be the worst. You can just hear the contempt for his viewers and how much he is forcing his enthusiasm for the parks every single time he speaks. He doesn't actually care about this stuff in the slightest. At least some of the vloggers do care.

SweetMercifulCrap! fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Apr 19, 2024

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
There was one day where my friend and I went to IOA during the day and did HHN at night, did all the houses, and stayed until closing. We ended up doing close to 20 miles of walking that day according to both our counters.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
They keep giving movies to rides that don’t actually have a story but yet they won’t make a legit Tower of Terror movie. I know there was the made for TV one but it’s not great and kind of changes the story too much.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

CapnAndy posted:

The sum total of Tower of Terror's story is "magic lightning hit an old-timey hotel and made an elevator disappear", I'm not convinced there's a movie there either.

I suppose you’re right, but that’s at least a basic premise/setup for something to expand on, vs. completely coming up with a story out of thin air. Like a Space Mountain movie could just be any sci fi movie that features space flight.

I’d love to see them do something actually a little creepy and trippy with the Hollywood Tower Hotel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
PizzeRizzo tastes exactly like DiGiorno to me. So, not great, not terrible.