Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Cais posted:

Keys to the kingdom

This reminded me, there's a new podcast called Keys to the Kingdom that's a behind the scenes of what it's like working at primarily Disneyland but also some other theme parks.

It's a fun listen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Paul Proteus posted:

There are the annual dues too as said above. I did a financial model and if you go to deluxe resorts (like poly or beach) every year you can cut your costs down dramatically. Like 300-400 a night amortizing the length of the contract and all the dues, vs the 700+ rack rate.
Only if you assume you can't rent points from someone else

I did the math after our last trip and we would have broken even after about 30 years at current rates compared with just renting points

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Paul Proteus posted:

Do people have a preferred rental site? There's a million it seems.

I've used both David's and dvcrentalstore.com, both were painless.

DVC Rental store is nice because you put in your dates and it tells you what resorts have availability on your dates, then you can just compare prices between David's and DVC Rental Store and go with the cheaper option. DVC Rental Store also has options where DVC members have already booked something but are trying to offload it, those might be cheaper if something is available that matches your date

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

alg posted:

Our trip is almost here. What is the name of the anti-chafing gel people suggest?

Don't know about a gel but gold bond powder is what I've used in the past.

Fair warning though, the green bottle works great but is intense, you'll probably want to start with regular strength

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Anyone done a combo resort/cruise trip? We've done the parks for the last 2 years and it's an easy vacation with our 3 year old, but I want to do something new so we're thinking something like 4 park days and 3 day cruise.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

How's all the epcot construction coming along? Is the front of the park still just big plywood fences?

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Nanigans posted:

Cosmic Rewind in Epcot is cooler than Tron, and Epcot itself is cooler than Magic Kingdom for adults. Cosmic Rewind is probably the most fun ride in all of the Disney parks, period. If you're there in February, Festival of the Arts will be going on in Epcot, so you'll be able to enjoy some fun food and drinks and neat art as you stroll around the park with probably the nicest weather of the year. You can also enjoy great restaurants like Shiki Sai and Space 220 with good food and theming.

Seconded, Epcot is the best park with the best ride and best food

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

That is very obviously Tom Holland

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

The almond ghribas at Oasis Sweets and Sips in the Moroccan pavilion are my favorite epcot food

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Moana fits in Epcot because it's the best park and the best movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Hazo posted:

New Hollywood Studios stormtrooper helmet popcorn buckets are pretty cool.

Too bad they were completely sold out by noon today because of fuckheads walking out of the gates with garbage bags full of them by 9:30.

I'm so glad that so far nobody in my family gives a poo poo about merchandise (although that might change as our son gets older). Getting rides and meal reservations is enough without dealing with these kinds of people too