Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

CapnAndy posted:

The rides are open during the race? How's that work?

They have some spots marked off like they do for parades for the runners (who enter and leave through side entrances). Most races happen early enough that the parks aren't open, but the full goes into the afternoon so they're full swing by the time the end of the pack runners hit them.

The coolest part of the full was running through the old backlot tour tunnel they had turned into a rave with a dj, smoke machines, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Good thing it's just a small side thing then.

Also, get all this Disney out of my Disney park :goonsay:

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

It's a win for Disney because anything the board does now will have to be paid for by counties instead of Disney. Their autonomy came at the cost of paying for everything. They likely don't need control over big developmental and civil projects off property now, so they probably lose very little here.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

I can't believe we haven't heard of long term health problems from that ride because those fumes are incredibly strong.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Coasterphreak posted:

If I had to speculate (and just to be clear, this is pure speculation) the problem they’re running into is that any motor with enough torque to move the ride vehicles can also move them fast enough to make them unsafe.

yeah where could they possibly find a replacement electric vehicle that tech doesnt exist yet

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Hazo posted:

Speaking of, is there a chance the hostile takeover rumors have any substance? I’ve been getting ads on Instagram about how shareholders really need to vote against some weird chuds who are trying to remake the Disney board.

The chuds lost the vote to do that by 93 to 7 today. They have no chance of doing anything against the current board.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

C. Everett Koop posted:

Every couple of years some hedge fund ghoul gets mad that Disney is only making $infinity instead of $infinity+ and thus they need to take over the board and stripmine the whole thing for parts.

quote:

Nelson Peltz slams Disney for 'all-women and all-black Marvel casts' - sparking furious letter from studio warning of 'the damage this BULLY would do if he were allowed on the board'

Can't be overstated how loving dumb these assholes are

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Last year was the first we missed because they hosed the tickets, especially for locals. Heard (maybe from here?) that even people that splurged for the premium express passes couldn't do it all in a night because of crowds and all.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

The passes also sold out, right? Iirc we couldn't even get them, which was what I was getting at. A friend went 3 seperate times with a regular ticket and didn't get to see it all.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Akileese posted:

That absolutely blows for your friend. If I had 3 separate admissions and couldn't see all 10 houses, I'd probably never go back.

Yeah, he was super bummed as its his favorite event of the year. He also liked to try a bunch of the food and hang in the scare zones and stuff, which eats up a lot of time too. Even in 22 we waited 2+ hours a few times, and saw signs over 180m frequently. I think they just have to cut capacity or add a hefty amount of stuff for the event to get back to tolerable.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Make the entire park one long queue that snakes through all zones and houses with exit/entry points into the food/chill zones.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Grundulum posted:

Mother of god, get rid of Transformers, Spiderman,

Blood will run in the streets, promise

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Last time I rode it I was able to spin the other riders car non-stop, maybe get better at your aim game :smug:

I love that ride. The preshow and building and all are so good.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

That clearance on the coaster tracks and building looks crazy, but that could just be the angle and compression

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

I wasn't doubting the safety or construction, just saying it looks crazy.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Quixotic1 posted:

Any worthwhile off-site restaurants nearby the WDW complex? Got plans to visit family there this weekend.

Nile Ethiopian on I-Drive. Domu ramen in Dr. Phillips. Best two restaurants in the area in that order.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

car culture has many far reaching consequences

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Concrete is also hell on the body. A 5k on concrete hurts worse and longer than a 10k on asphalt.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Some spots have that foamy stuff that’s pretty comfy to walk or sit on, but it’s mostly just raw rear end concrete.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

I remember hearing that V&As wasn't eligible because it was part of a park/resort? Did that change?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Darth TNT posted:

But…space mountain is StarWars….:psyduck:

:wrong:

Space Mountain will be a biopic about Tom Morrow.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Fartington Butts posted:

I haven’t even heard anybody mention Space220 since about a month after it opened.

Same, this is the first report I've seen from it. The food pics online look underwhelming to say the least.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

CapnAndy posted:

Tiana's Bayou Adventure is going to be open for MNSSHP, so at least we've got an upper bound on opening date now.

Our friend is part of engineering and has already been test riding it. When he told us, I was kinda surprised. I thought it would be spring 25 easily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

River Journey good